Aerialtronics Altura Zenith

Reaction score
Now these are awesome drones. It's been tested in hurricane force winds, 3 motors can go out without it crashing, up to 50 minute flight times.

http://www.aerialtronics.com

Attachments

• Aerialtronics-Altura-Zenith-height1.jpg
    Aerialtronics-Altura-Zenith-height1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2,667
How do you define; "tested in Hurricane Force winds", when it clearly states in the specs; "max winds; 14m/sec"?
it's pretty-and it has dual engines? Kinda nice.
But-it looks like it's controlled via a "smart device"-no thanks. That's the first NO, for me-I want to use a real R/C controller-thank you.
The flight times, Vs. the batteries listed and the engine specs, just don't add up; 8.5kg t/o weight, w/16600Mah(who makes those?), and we're talking 8X350 engines, right?

I'd like to know; the Price? What camera's it can carry? Is the gimbal configurable for lens or filter changes(slight shifts on CG)?
Can I use a Futaba remote? Is the landing gear capable of being retracted? Can the gimbal turn 360 degree's?

Like I said; looks very nice, and 8 engines-love the idea, but seen it before on another aircraft-so not new. But, if it's priced well, and, the most important part-the gimbal, can do what the Z15 can do......I might look more seriously at it.

But right now; I don't see any video's of it flying(unless I missed those).....and, I won't be the first to buy anything......I'm not an early adopter ;)

Also-I think I've seen this before somewhere-just can't put my finger on where? Like maybe 6+ months ago-and it's still not available?

EDIT; one more thing-something is telling me that the starting price on the bigger one, will be in the $20,000 price range.

I saw this up close at the sUAS Expo last week in San Francisco. Gorgeous piece of equipment. The entire body is a single molded piece of carbon fiber. I recall hearing that the base price was in the high teens to low $20K range depending on options. It is not a hobby type aircraft. It is meant for serious commercial uses and is capable of lifting a good load. This makes it possible to use sensors packages like Lidar, etc.

SilentAV8R said:
I saw this up close at the sUAS Expo last week in San Francisco. Gorgeous piece of equipment. The entire body is a single molded piece of carbon fiber. I recall hearing that the base price was in the high teens to low $20K range depending on options. It is not a hobby type aircraft. It is meant for serious commercial uses and is capable of lifting a good load. This makes it possible to use sensors packages like Lidar, etc.
Yea-that sounds familiar. Like I said-I've seen this before.
I think we'll see more and more of these "commercial" type aircraft in the future. But, they are priced well out of the reach of the average Consumer, and aren't even intended for that market.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl