Aerial mapping android software

Reaction score
I am interested in creating aerial maps with phantom 3p.. looking for ground station software to create a flight path we with photos at the appropriate interval

Reactions: rene van der meer
I am using Pix4DCapture and MapMadeEasy's Map Pilot. Capture is currently working better on older Android phones. It works great on a Droid Maxx with KitKat 4.4.4. One trick necessary is to start the app after starting the Phantom and hovering. I cannot get it to work on a Nvidia Shield with Marshmallow 6.0. I am also using Map Pilot which only works with IOS. Map Pilot has more control over the area but does not allow flight below 134' It also includes battery management for doing larger projects. It works very well..

Pix4d imaging software is very nice with ground control added. Accuracy is usually about twice the pixel size in horizontal and vertical. It creates a very good 3d surface. It works with photos from both apps.

MapsMadeEasy has the photos uploaded to their server and they process the photo for a very reasonable fee (less than 55 photos is free.) Horizontal accuracy is ok horizontal but vertical not so much.

We are getting started to eventually use the imagery as background in surveying and engineering applications. We don't have all the wrinkles out yet but the results have been very encouraging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31