Advice please

Reaction score
Any advice to the following would be gratefully received.

I'm a very young fifty odd year old and currently work in the Motor industry, basically selling prestige cars.

The job I'm doing is becoming increasingly stressful and I'd like to get out of it over the next couple of years.

My two to three year plan is to find a semi retirement business in which I can build over the next two years with a view to being able to leave the Motor trade for good.

I've been looking at Drone's for some time and as I have previous experience with RC Aircraft and also have an interest in Photography, the scope for using these in a commercial venture is endless.

Although I have many contacts in Event management (weddings etc) and also real estate and the construction industry, I realise I would need to find my niche.

I've budgeted up to £2000 on a drone and my research tells me that the Phantom 4 Pro should be the one to go for. This is probably not the right place to ask whether I'm right, but am I?

My next question would be the tablet to use. I use I pads at home as well as a MacBook Pro 15" and I also have a high end PC with a very good graphics card.

Which brings me to my next question, what the best editing software is.

Finally, as I intend to become a commercial operator and I'm sure that most of the people who offer the courses are very competent, but I've read some negative comments regarding some of them.
Could anyone recommend a company who they've used.

I thank you in advance of any good advice you give to me.

BTW I live in the north of England

Last edited:
The Phantom 4 Pro takes excellent photos and video, it is however not the drone to use in wedding photography IMHO. I made that mistake once, the noise level of the drone is too high. The Mavic Pro Platinum is more suited to wedding photography as it is a great deal quieter.

iPads are definitely a good choice, I started out on Android and went to iOS because of some conflict issues between 3rd party apps, I'm an Android fan but iOS just worked better for me. I now have the CrystalSky for it's high brightness.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj