Advice from Nvidia Shield users

1.)Instead of uninstalling and reinstalling the app go:
settings>apps (may be an extra step, i don't have mine in front of me)>dji go>"clear defaults" (you can also "delete app" here for the other question in this thread)
Then it will ask you again if you want it to auto start when connected to remote.

2.)"LONG PRESS" is a very useful tip when switching to android. Long press the icon and drag it to the screen you want or where you want. Also helpful in blank text fields and on text.

3.)I also had issues when I first got the shield locking up on the NVidia splash screen. I just restarted it (had to hold in power button) and updated. If you have just updated make sure you give it ample time to install. Don't just go doing the "hard reset" if you're installing updates.

4.) I downloaded the dji discovery app and am currently shopping for video editors. I started a meet up in the discovery app and now have 5 people around me sharing stories, meeting up, and helping each other. You can't see others unless they made a or are in the meet up.

Last edited:
Nvidia while has a built I'm screen recorder. Slide down from top of screen ,touch top statues bar and click share then record.

Exactly, the Shield has everything you need all you have to do is install the apps. The added bonus is the shield also has hdmi out so you don't need the hdmi module added saving $100 usd.

What is this good for?
Is this for hooking goggles up to the tablet?

Nvidia while has a built I'm screen recorder. Slide down from top of screen ,touch top statues bar and click share then record.
Just got a shield yesterday.I see what your talking about to start a recording but I cant find where you go to playback what you recorded,where is that at?
Also if you install sd card in shield,do things automatically go to sd card or do you have to force it on sd card,change the settings somewhere?
thanks

Just got a shield yesterday.I see what your talking about to start a recording but I cant find where you go to playback what you recorded,where is that at?
Also if you install sd card in shield,do things automatically go to sd card or do you have to force it on sd card,change the settings somewhere?
thanks

Ok I found out how to play back the videos but cant find answers to these questions.I just made a couple of short videos of just surfing the net with the built in recorder,now how do I delete these recordings? If I hold my finger on recordings a pop up of trash can will appear but when I click on trash can it says unable to delete some documents and it will not delete the videos.
Also if I wanted to how can I move the videos to an sd card?
thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj