Advice from Nvidia Shield users

Reaction score
My Nvidia Shield K1 just showed up. I've installed the DJI GO app and had it connected to the P4 and it appears I'm good to go. I've been away from Android for three years now so I'm out of the loop, what other apps do I need? Looking for info on how to record what I see on the screen and any other features I can utilize with the Shield while flying the P4. Keep in mind I'm a complete newb to flying so I may not understand advanced speak very well yet lol.

You'll need to install a separate app to record the screen. You can find some commonly used screen recording apps here.

New question on Nvidia K1...
When I push the power button, I get the Nvidia logo on the screen, nothing else happens. How do I get it to go to the DJI GO app?

When I finally get the K1 "on" I don't have a DJI GO icon to hit. I haft'a go to another screen to see it. Then all's OK, but it's gott'a be easier than all that. What can I do to get DJI GO to come on automagically, and what's the trick to power up the K1?
Thanks (I hope)

When you turn on the controller (and it's connected to the Shield), it should try to automatically launch the app. Note: If you have a screen lock on the tablet, you need to open it first, then turn on the controller. Also, a little pop-up may come up asking about the USB device, click on "Always Open" with this device, or something like that.

You'll need to install a separate app to record the screen. You can find some commonly used screen recording apps here.
No, the Nvidia has a native screen recorder that works fine, I use it all the time

Edit: I use a shortcut to the recorder so it's been a while since I've looked for it, but I think if you pull down top of screen and then hit "share" you will see it

Last edited:
When you turn on the controller (and it's connected to the Shield), it should try to automatically launch the app.

Wow, that would be nice! Any idea/advice on how to get it to do that? This K1 is only used for my DJI GO app. (flying the P3A) My RC is ver. 1.6.0 & the Go app is ver. 2.7.2 android.

New update is downloading now. Wife said "something is beeping" I can't hear hi-freq's. :)
Screen went black, but the (satellite) modem is blinking like crazy.
Thanks. Would sure appreciate help getting the GO app to launch automagically (or even easily)

Oh yeah, one more thing... :)
It says there are 117 apps installed (updated). This is just my FPV thingie. How can I delete most of these apps?

Wow, that would be nice! Any idea/advice on how to get it to do that? This K1 is only used for my DJI GO app. (flying the P3A) My RC is ver. 1.6.0 & the Go app is ver. 2.7.2 android.

New update is downloading now. Wife said "something is beeping" I can't hear hi-freq's. :)
Screen went black, but the (satellite) modem is blinking like crazy.
Thanks. Would sure appreciate help getting the GO app to launch automagically (or even easily)

Plug the controller into the Shield. Turn the Shield on, and make sure the screen is unlocked. Turn on the controller. It should then automatically start the DJI Go app.

If it doesn't you may need to uninstall the Go app, do a system reset of the Shield, set it back up, and then install the Go app again.

The first time the controller is turned on and it launches the Go app, a little pop-up will ask if you want this USB device to always open the Go app. Click on "Always do this" (or something like that), and it should do it from then on.

Why do you need to install a separate app. The shield has a native screen recorder?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Records the screen that is showing on your device. The Shield has a built in screen recorder.

I currently using an iPad and had to get the cell version for connectivity. I am looking at getting the Nvidia so that I can use Litchi. Do I need to have active cell with the Nvidia in order for it to work with the Litchi and the Phantom 4 features?

Hmmm, what's a screen recorder, & what does it have to do with how the K1 starts (I want to see the DJI GO app start)

It has nothing to do with how the K1 starts the app. They were mentioning that about something else.

I currently using an iPad and had to get the cell version for connectivity. I am looking at getting the Nvidia so that I can use Litchi. Do I need to have active cell with the Nvidia in order for it to work with the Litchi and the Phantom 4 features?

The Nvidia has GPS built into it (I don't think the iPad Wifi version does), so I believe all you would need to do is download your maps in offline mode in Google Maps.

Reactions: launchpad26
The Nvidia has GPS built into it (I don't think the iPad Wifi version does), so I believe all you would need to do is download your maps in offline mode in Google Maps.
Exactly, the Shield has everything you need all you have to do is install the apps. The added bonus is the shield also has hdmi out so you don't need the hdmi module added saving $100 usd.

Reactions: launchpad26
Looks like Apple just lost one to the Android gang. Thanks for the info. Off to buy my Nvidia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.