Adjusting Arris 2000

Reaction score
Just got my Arris 2000 and it installed flawlessly. When powered up it centers the pitch but it rolls about 15 degrees to the right (when facing the camera). I check all of the parameters with the print out that came with the unit. I went through the manual and there was very little information on how to readjust the settings.

Can some one explain how to readjust the roll settings.

Once connected to the software, hit Read,
Then Hold the gimbal level and hit calib_acc.
Should level.

DaveT1 said:
Just got my Arris 2000 and it installed flawlessly. When powered up it centers the pitch but it rolls about 15 degrees to the right (when facing the camera). I check all of the parameters with the print out that came with the unit. I went through the manual and there was very little information on how to readjust the settings.

I've been told you need to get it hooked up to your PC, and have the gimbal centered and click on "Calibrate", that will get you close but you may need to do some adjustments. The only issue with mine is that I have not been able to get the Gimbals software to read the settings so I can't adjust crap on my gimbal. I would like to use the 7th channel but it's been useless without being able to get my gimbal to connect to my PC. Very frustrating. Aside from the that the videos are great with the gimbal. I just need to be able to angle the camera slightly downward.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZpGpVlgoQo[/youtube]

I tried centering the gimbal by hand and hit the cal_acc. then write and voile! It worked like a champ. Thanks guys.

FangsCPO said:
DaveT1 said:

I've been told you need to get it hooked up to your PC, and have the gimbal centered and click on "Calibrate", that will get you close but you may need to do some adjustments. The only issue with mine is that I have not been able to get the Gimbals software to read the settings so I can't adjust crap on my gimbal. I would like to use the 7th channel but it's been useless without being able to get my gimbal to connect to my PC. Very frustrating. Aside from the that the videos are great with the gimbal. I just need to be able to angle the camera slightly downward.

Try the following,
Power up the gimbal, then plug the USB into the computer.
Wait a few seconds, THEN open the software. Click on the port, left side of screen, then "read" you will then be able to adjust the gimbal.
Good luck.

I guess you didn't see my other post. I tried what you said previously and I got nothing. It does not read the gimbal's current settings. Suggestions???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

DaveT1 said:
I tried centering the gimbal by hand and hit the cal_acc. then write and voile! It worked like a champ. Thanks guys.

So Dave when you connected you gimbal to your PC where you able to read the current settings before you hit the cal-acc button?

FangsCPO said:
I guess you didn't see my other post. I tried what you said previously and I got nothing. It does not read the gimbal's current settings. Suggestions???

I did see it, didn't look at the name. Did you try a different port?

Trying that now. This is once heck of a brain teasrer. LOL!!

FangCPO

I was able to read my settings. Initially when I set up the software it would not read out of the first USB port I tried. Plugged it into a second port and it worked fine. After the port is recognized by the software, I sometimes have to click on the read button two or three times before I get readouts on the screen.

I click 10 times. I quit for now, bed time!

FangsCPO said:
I click 10 times. I quit for now, bed time!

..................still clicking...........

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31