Drone Fishing for the First Time Tomorrow...

Reaction score
Anybody have any tips? I was playing with a setup I bought off eBay today and it seems to work really well..I was worried about the ultrasound sensors, weight, and mounting location but that seems to have been all in my head. The drone acts like it’s not even there when flying and at only 6 oz, it’s nothing to fly with. The unit also came with different spacers for the P4P which push it out of the way of the downward facing Ultrasonic sensors so that’s pretty cool.. Seems like an awesome unit for bait dropping.

My question is more about how to rig the line to the ring for dropping? How far below the drone should hang the bait? I plan on using these weird little fruit roll up looking things with mesh in them and they don’t weigh anything. They are supposed to be really good bait where I am st and perfect for drop it and forget it because they will NOT come of the hook, Going to drop them about 300 yards offshore.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Pics of the unit attached..

1096d675ab76fbbfda3179cbdadc16b8.jpg

b2d03df28e9e680fdc3946e7892b3a9e.jpg

Hi . Can you post a link to the unit you have ? Cheers

Sure buddy...Super nice guy and a steal of a price for what you get. It’s really surprising how well it works..You have to buy the mount separate but he builds it for your drone and it’s only like 16 bucks. Be SURE you mention your model drone, especially if it’s a P4P as he will provide you with smaller spacers. They move the unit just out of the way of the 2 ultrasound sensors on the P4P..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/292102084285

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Thanks for link. There was some cheaper but main listing was $89 is this the one you got?

Thanks for link. There was some cheaper but main listing was $89 is this the one you got?

No problem...

Yes, that’s what I paid plus the mounting bracket...That is for the compact model which weighs in at 6 oz. That’s the one I wanted..

It looks like they have a Gen 1 version that is a little less and a dual release that is more.

While looking for a fishing drone saw this forum and this specific post.
Why not using SwellPro Splash Drone 3 Fishing - much less risk for the drone.
After reading the following article:
Splash Drone 3 vs DJI Phantom. Who is Taking fishing to a high new level?

I am not sure to purchase a DJI for fishing... of course it is great not for fishing, however, I go fishing very often and would like to use a drone for this.
Any ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3