Add another fly away to the tally.

Can you explain in a logical fashion how a couple dozen engineers that took 2+ years to clone DJI are going to come up with something way ahead of the 1500+ engineers at DJI?
Drones are now extremely complex. Autel does not have the resources or $$ to put a couple thousands employees on the drone part....

They will get some "DJI cast-off" sales for the folks who don't like white, but whether that is enough to sustain a company is yet to be found out.
have to step in here first off autel headquarters is in Washington usa second autel has been around longer than dji making computer parts for cars to diagnose and if you think they don't have as many employees you my friend are wrong

have to step in here first off autel headquarters is in Washington usa second autel has been around longer than dji making computer parts for cars to diagnose and if you think they don't have as many employees you my friend are wrong
Autel is one of the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of professional diagnostic tools, equipment and accessories in the automotive aftermarket. They make things like this: Autel Scanner,Autel Authorized Agent/Distributor,Wholesale Autel Scanner,MaxiSys Pro,MaxiDAS ds708,md802,buy Autel Scanner online,--Autel Scanner
The company is based in Shenzen China.

Autel Robotics USA is just a sales and distribution office and is headquartered in Bothell WA

I can't find how many employees they have but very few are employed developing their drones.
Max-aero launched the X-Star back in January 2015 and were going to release it in April 2015 but got scared by the Phantom 3 and pulled back to come up with something to compete.
That took a year for their team to update their P2 clone to a P3 clone.
I doubt they have more engineers working on drones than the company that has 70% of the ready-to-fly drone market.

Reactions: m0j0 and dirkclod
To all these people being critical or afraid of Autel. Talk to the people that have owned both brands. I'd have to say that 70% of them will say that they prefer the Autel of the P3 pro. They say it flies better, camera is better (regardless of what youtube dji lover boys say), also has new technology to prevent a flyaway when you come close to an electromagnetic location. And I do not believe DJI's reasoning for blaming me on the flyaway. The only thing that the Autel doesn't have that is as good as the Phantom is the range, but it's not that far behind. How often are you gonna need 3.1 miles? I'd imagine that with a windsurfer that the Autel can get close to 3 miles as Flpholt has gotten over 2 miles. Next Autel drone will have obstacle avoidance, and blow the p4 out of the water IMO.

I do not believe DJI's reasoning for blaming me on the flyaway.
I don't know what DJI's on about with regards to your claim.
I've seen them replace several that appeared to show the same symptoms.
If they are telling you that flying at 240 feet over a bakery would create those symptoms and cause the Phantom to zoom away like it did, I'd say that's a load of bunk.
If that did cause some interference, then why didn't the Phantom just come home rather than zipping away at high speed.
The DJI story as you've reported just doesn't add up.
I don't know what you should do except perhaps appeal to DJI-Ken over on the DJI forum and ask him t have a look because the explanation you've been given doesn't make any sense.
To all these people being critical or afraid of Autel.
To all those that are certain that Autel must be the next best drone and is going to blow everything else out of the water etc etc ..
Most of the folks here (the kind of people you refer to as youtube dji lover boys) already have a P3 and are simply interested to find out what the grass is like on the other side of the fence.
A lot are keen to jump aboard the next best thing when/if it comes along since the P3 has been out for almost 1.5 yrs now.
Since we already have a Lightbridge P3 or 4 we want to know what the X-Star does better than DJI's product to decide whether it's worth buying.
Because there are so few X-Stars out there, actual information from users is scarce and quite a bit of what there is, is either uncritical marketing or uninformed comment from users with no or little experience of the competition.
This is about the best summary/comparison I've seen so far:
Third hand comments like I think that 70% of them will say that they prefer the Autel of the P3 pro .. or unsubstantiated it flies better, camera is better comments aren't going to be blindly accepted by people looking for facts.
We've seen over-hyped new drones come and go (or in quite a few cases, not come at all).
Think 3DR Solo, Yuneec Q500, Walkera H500, Prodrone etc, etc.
The X-star is just the latest to come along (congrats to Autel for actually getting their drone to the market when so many have failed at that.
Think Lily, GoPro Karma, Plexidrone, Prodrone etc, etc.

If you already have a Lightbridge P3/4 you are naturally going to critically compare the way the newcomer compares.

So far as best I can work out, the X-Star Premium is a reasonable match for something between the P3-4k and the P3 Pro.
It's camera is reasonable if the lens distortion doesn't bother you and the image quality is similar.
It flies slower and has a little less range than Lightbridge, but with more lag.
There are enough comments from actual Lightbridge/Autel users to work that much out.

On the plus side it's camera comes off at the touch of a button (?) and it comes in orange.
For those with a dislike of DJI, it's an alternative.
Next Autel drone will have obstacle avoidance, and blow the p4 out of the water IMO.
We'll see when/if that happens but there's not much point discussing that now.
We may not be interested in how it compares to the P4 by then.
DJI or someone else might have delivered something even better by then.

I posted on the Dji forum, but it's Friday. Dji Ken isn't around. I'll see what he says next week. I'd prefer to stick with what I had, because it's great. But when something isn't right, I've gotta move on.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

To all these people being critical or afraid of Autel. Talk to the people that have owned both brands. I'd have to say that 70% of them will say that they prefer the Autel of the P3 pro. They say it flies better, camera is better (regardless of what youtube dji lover boys say), also has new technology to prevent a flyaway when you come close to an electromagnetic location. And I do not believe DJI's reasoning for blaming me on the flyaway. The only thing that the Autel doesn't have that is as good as the Phantom is the range, but it's not that far behind. How often are you gonna need 3.1 miles? I'd imagine that with a windsurfer that the Autel can get close to 3 miles as Flpholt has gotten over 2 miles. Next Autel drone will have obstacle avoidance, and blow the p4 out of the water IMO.
2.74 miles today under not so great skies for flying

I don't know what DJI's on about with regards to your claim.
I've seen them replace several that appeared to show the same symptoms.
If they are telling you that flying at 240 feet over a bakery would create those symptoms and cause the Phantom to zoom away like it did, I'd say that's a load of bunk.
If that did cause some interference, then why didn't the Phantom just come home rather than zipping away at high speed.
The DJI story as you've reported just doesn't add up.
I don't know what you should do except perhaps appeal to DJI-Ken over on the DJI forum and ask him t have a look because the explanation you've been given doesn't make any sense.

To all those that are certain that Autel must be the next best drone and is going to blow everything else out of the water etc etc ..
Most of the folks here (the kind of people you refer to as youtube dji lover boys) already have a P3 and are simply interested to find out what the grass is like on the other side of the fence.
A lot are keen to jump aboard the next best thing when/if it comes along since the P3 has been out for almost 1.5 yrs now.
Since we already have a Lightbridge P3 or 4 we want to know what the X-Star does better than DJI's product to decide whether it's worth buying.
Because there are so few X-Stars out there, actual information from users is scarce and quite a bit of what there is, is either uncritical marketing or uninformed comment from users with no or little experience of the competition.
This is about the best summary/comparison I've seen so far:
Third hand comments like I think that 70% of them will say that they prefer the Autel of the P3 pro .. or unsubstantiated it flies better, camera is better comments aren't going to be blindly accepted by people looking for facts.
We've seen over-hyped new drones come and go (or in quite a few cases, not come at all).
Think 3DR Solo, Yuneec Q500, Walkera H500, Prodrone etc, etc.
The X-star is just the latest to come along (congrats to Autel for actually getting their drone to the market when so many have failed at that.
Think Lily, GoPro Karma, Plexidrone, Prodrone etc, etc.

If you already have a Lightbridge P3/4 you are naturally going to critically compare the way the newcomer compares.

So far as best I can work out, the X-Star Premium is a reasonable match for something between the P3-4k and the P3 Pro.
It's camera is reasonable if the lens distortion doesn't bother you and the image quality is similar.
It flies slower and has a little less range than Lightbridge, but with more lag.
There are enough comments from actual Lightbridge/Autel users to work that much out.

On the plus side it's camera comes off at the touch of a button (?) and it comes in orange.
For those with a dislike of DJI, it's an alternative.

We'll see when/if that happens but there's not much point discussing that now.
We may not be interested in how it compares to the P4 by then.
DJI or someone else might have delivered something even better by then.
flew my p3a today with dbs mod on it lost signal at 2.24 miles autel went 2.74 miles before it lost signal so no Lightbridge isn't any better than autel stock

flew my p3a today with dbs mod on it lost signal at 2.24 miles autel went 2.74 miles before it lost signal so no Lightbridge isn't any better than autel stock
wow. Beating out Lightbridge with DBS mod. Autel haters will be coming out the woodwork now. You should honestly put a windsurfer on it. It would be interesting to see the results. How much battery did you have on landing?

Starlink_20160710_101419_Manual_Moment(2).jpg

flew same route with both one after the other sorry autel won wasn't buy choice just compared them both have to say each one rth 1 foot from takeoff spot landed quite impressed

wow. Beating out Lightbridge with DBS mod. Autel haters will be coming out the woodwork now. You should honestly put a windsurfer on it. It would be interesting to see the results. How much battery did you have on landing?
30 percent

We know that everything about your X-Star is 100% better than your Phantom and you love simple absolute statements.
But there are lots of variables and just saying that One flight with an X-Star went further than one flight with one Phantom 3 isn't conclusive.
There are many reports of unmodified P3s going that far and more too.
I'd be interested to know what kind of lag you get at distance.

wow. Beating out Lightbridge with DBS mod. Autel haters will be coming out the woodwork now.
I don't think there are any Autel haters here.
I went to a lot of trouble in post #166 above to explain the situation.
There could be a few readers though that are tired of the simplistic Autel trumpet blowing that doesn't seem to stop.
If you want to discuss the X-Star with X-Star users, they have their own forum: Discussions : Autel Robotics

We know that everything about your X-Star is 100% better than your Phantom and you love simple absolute statements.
But there are lots of variables and just saying that One flight with an X-Star went further than one flight with one Phantom 3 isn't conclusive.

There could be a few readers though that are tired of the simplistic Autel trumpet blowing that doesn't seem to stop.
If you want to discuss the X-Star with X-Star users, they have their own forum: Discussions : Autel Robotics
really bad lag on both today lots of clouds and rain around plus lighting think both would of done better but air was to moist from storms

that is lame one you posted the owners group is where all the members are facebook over 350 growing everyday

the way antennas point would have to make custom windsurfers

p.s love all my drones the same fly phantoms a lot more since I have a lot of battery's for them

pushing phantom hard to get distance

meta if you can what is low power mean battery turned red don't know why it does that if you due explain

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94