Acquiring a drone license....

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've been recently looking into taking my Part 107 FAA exam and I found an interesting website that offers a decent package for what Im looking for. Its called dartdrones.com they offer an 8 hour in person course with a bunch of other online stuff you can access to prep for the exam and its 30 minutes away from my home. I was wondering if maybe someone in here has heard of "dartdrones" and can give a brief review or share their experience, or maybe recommend me to other websites that offer something similar to what I'm looking for ( located in Bergen County, NJ). Thanks guys!! :):):)

You can find some threads that mention DARTdrones in these search results.

As for FAA Part 107 training in general, I keep a list of resources people recommend here.

Hey henreyes21! I took the dartdrones part 107 test prep and passed my exam with a 90%. The instructor really knew his stuff and they gave me a big study guide, 300 practice questions and online access to course materials for 6 months! I would definitely recommend training with them!

Reactions: henreyes21
Don't know DART but if its $150 or less, I'd go for it...........anything more than $150 is overkill. If you learn how to read METARS/TAF and a SECTIONAL CHART. you will be 3/4 of the way there.......

Hey guys thx for your help, I downloaded the "Remote Pilots FAA prep test" app for 20 bucks in the App Store. It would be helpful for someone that knows how to read VRF maps. I unfortunately cannot, I have no clue what they're even talking about so that's why I was considering Dart Drones, but you're all right it's too expensive. I think I'm gonna try out RemotePilots101 or Easy107 they both have free trials.

Hey guys thx for your help, I downloaded the "Remote Pilots FAA prep test" app for 20 bucks in the App Store. It would be helpful for someone that knows how to read VRF maps. I unfortunately cannot, I have no clue what they're even talking about so that's why I was considering Dart Drones, but you're all right it's too expensive. I think I'm gonna try out RemotePilots101 or Easy107 they both have free trials.

$150 bucks and you are good to go with the link I provided......not saying you can't pass otherwise, but you should do yourself a favor and LEARN you really need to be a good drone pilot, its not just about passing the test.

$150 bucks and you are good to go with the link I provided......not saying you can't pass otherwise, but you should do yourself a favor and LEARN you really need to be a good drone pilot, its not just about passing the test.

What link? I didn't see any. And yes I agree 100% it isn't just about passing, Thx Andy

What link? I didn't see any. And yes I agree 100% it isn't just about passing, Thx Andy

It may be a little more, maybe $200. But at the end you are going to know what you are doing.....which is the most important thing! You can work your way through the chapters, the practice tests, and then the finals. They guarantee you will pass the 107 exam. I also suggest the FAA supplement that they will hand you at the test! Between theses you can count on maybe ten days of study and you should be good to go. Its actually quite a bit of fun!
FAA Part 107 Ground School

It may be a little more, maybe $200. But at the end you are going to know what you are doing.....which is the most important thing! You can work your way through the chapters, the practice tests, and then the finals. They guarantee you will pass the 107 exam. I also suggest the FAA supplement that they will hand you at the test! Between theses you can count on maybe ten days of study and you should be good to go. Its actually quite a bit of fun!
FAA Part 107 Ground School
Ooooo YES ive heard a lot of good things from Gold Seal... and i found a promocode for 50 bucks off!!

I paid zero dollars, found several good sites on the web, including how to read a sectional map, took and passed the test first time.

Reactions: mammatus
Ooooo YES ive heard a lot of good things from Gold Seal... and i found a promocode for 50 bucks off!!
Thanks. Anyone can give Gold Seal a test drive - the first three lessons are free. And here's the promo code below:

Reactions: BigAl07
What I like about Gold Seal is they teach you the correct information so you can determine correct answers in a way that you can use going forward as opposed to learning how to pass the test. It's not a One-n-Done type of system.

I can't tell you how many Part 107 holders still can't read a sectional and ask how to contact the tower when flying with-in 5 miles of an airport (note: Part 107 holders fly according to the airspace irregardless the distance from the airport, hobby flights contact if within 5 miles of an airport).

IMHO you really do get what you pay for with Gold Seal. I've been a full sized pilot for 20 years and I still used (and continue to use) Gold Seal for refresher and additional training (Daylight Waiver anyone??).

What I like about Gold Seal is they teach you the correct information so you can determine correct answers in a way that you can use going forward as opposed to learning how to pass the test. It's not a One-n-Done type of system.

I can't tell you how many Part 107 holders still can't read a sectional and ask how to contact the tower when flying with-in 5 miles of an airport (note: Part 107 holders fly according to the airspace irregardless the distance from the airport, hobby flights contact if within 5 miles of an airport).

IMHO you really do get what you pay for with Gold Seal. I've been a full sized pilot for 20 years and I still used (and continue to use) Gold Seal for refresher and additional training (Daylight Waiver anyone??).

I recently took gold seal with the night course and pass the 107 just this week....what is the night waver?

Reactions: henreyes21

What town in Bergen County bud?
Lived in Maywood for a long long time.
In FL now

Last edited:

License Mills

Wherever you go and whatever you pay, make sure you learn the material and not just memorize the Q&A. I'm also a ham radio operator and I'm continually amazed at how many hams don't really know squat about rules and regulations or much about radio and electronic theory but can quote the test questions and answers chapter and verse. Don't fall into that trap!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan