Accessing .DAT file on Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
Reading several "how to's" on the net I have downloaded GJI Assistant v2.0.6 onto my MacBook Pro but cannot get it to connect to the P3.
I have plugged the cable into the drone front socket and the USB into my MBP, turned on the drone (100% battery) all the lights flashing, and then opened Assist 2 but nothing happens, no sign it has recognised the drone.
You don't have to have the RC on do you??

I have also tried the app other method via the RC, access data etc, but that also didn't do anything other than to advise that I had successfully entered data mode, no sign of the connection, even in the Disk Utility. When the notice appears "you have successfully entered Flight Data Mode" the green flashing LED;'s at the back of the drone go off, but that's it!

Any help would be appreciated......

Last edited:
I've accessed the .Dat files om my P3P which will be the same as your Advance. In the go app I entered flight data mode and then connected the USB the front port on the AC and to my pc. I didn't use any app on my pc though. The AC showed up in windows explorer as another drive letter that I could browse and copy files normally.

Reading several "how to's" on the net I have downloaded GJI Assistant v2.0.6 onto my MacBook Pro but cannot get it to connect to the P3.
I have plugged the cable into the drone front socket and the USB into my MBP, turned on the drone (100% battery) all the lights flashing, and then opened Assist 2 but nothing happens, no sign it has recognised the drone.
You don't have to have the RC on do you??

I have also tried the app other method via the RC, access data etc, but that also didn't do anything other than to advise that I had successfully entered data mode, no sign of the connection, even in the Disk Utility.

Any help would be appreciated......
You can't use DJI Assistant with your P3.

Try going to the link that @RodPad gave you on Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
Reactions: JoBe
You can't use DJI Assistant with your P3.
Ah, OK, I'll uninstall it!

I've accessed the .Dat files om my P3P which will be the same as your Advance. In the go app I entered flight data mode and then connected the USB the front port on the AC and to my pc. I didn't use any app on my pc though. The AC showed up in windows explorer as another drive letter that I could browse and copy files normally.

I am using a Mac, not windows as I said in my post!

More info: When I turn the drone off to disconnect, the ON/OFF red light flashes for five seconds before it turns off.

When I go to Disk Utility the DJI FLY LOG appears faintly on the left. Clicking on it nothing happens, clicking on "info": it seems to be there??

More info: When I turn the drone off to disconnect, the ON/OFF red light flashes for five seconds before it turns off.

When I go to Disk Utility the DJI FLY LOG appears faintly on the left. Clicking on it nothing happens, clicking on "info": it seems to be there??
What happens when you do step one or two in the Mac instructions in the links we gave you on Sunday and today?

Last edited:
If you mean this instruction, nothing, the only thing that appears in the DU is my own hards drive. Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 14.45.19.png

Oh and I've tried several cables :confused: The AC just does not connect to me MBP.

If you mean this instruction, nothing, the only thing that appears in the DU is my own hards drive
Did you click here on the page? There are more detailed instructions.

MAC 2.png

Reactions: JoBe and Oso

Sorry, missed that. My bad.

AH HA FD, that did it! A heck of a long process but in the end the Log appeared on my desktop and I've copied a couple of the files over to a folder to have a look at later.
\Now to walk my Dawg, called Mella................
IMG_3636.jpg
:p:cool:

Reactions: Oso
What happens when you do step one or two in the Mac instructions in the links we gave you on Sunday and today?
If you mean this instruction, nothing, the only thing that appears in the DU is my own hards drive.View attachment 109506

Oh and I've tried several cables :confused: The AC just does not connect to me MBP.
Yes, those are the instructions that @RodPad gave you on Sunday. Glad to see that you got it sorted in the end. Cheers! :)

Reactions: RodPad
Reading several "how to's" on the net I have downloaded GJI Assistant v2.0.6 onto my MacBook Pro but cannot get it to connect to the P3
Try going to the link that @RodPad gave you on Sunday.
Yes, those are the instructions that @RodPad gave you on Sunday.
Did you click here on the page? There are more detailed instructions.
AH HA FD, that did it!

@Oso and @Fly Dawg - you bros have a lot of patients sometimes for real

@Oso and @Fly Dawg - you bros have a lot of patients sometimes for real
I assume you meant “patience” is that correct, bro. ;) If so, I don’t have as much as I’d like to have and it’s something I try to work on.

I agree that @Fly Dawg has patience, but I admit that I dont know if he has any “patients.” ;)

Favor please. I’ve seen you riding @cheddarman a few times today and in the past. How about you please give that a rest?

Reactions: JoBe and Fly Dawg
Favor please. I’ve seen you riding @cheddarman a few times today and in the past. How about you please give that a rest?
i told you that you should be a mod. :) jk i feel ya i guess a bad day that day.
@cheddarman sorry hope no hard feelings

Hey JoBe, as an 80 yo retired Submariner I've had worse so no, no hard feelings!;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl