Abandoned Building - Critique Appreciated

You are off to a good start. The critiques above are good advice. I do think the following link to the "Drone Cinematorgaphy Masterclass" will teach you some of the more subtle filming techniques that will polish your drone video productions and give them the professional look: Drone Cinematography Masterclass

Enjoy !!!

Reactions: athearnsd45
The mankind greedisness is unlimited and this is the reason why we get so far with the nature pollution. Sad to know and llive with it.
Video is fine but too long. Making a half of it would be just fine.
As it was filmed in bright sunlight you can put a bit of contrast up and just a bit exposure down. Maybe a little more saturation and there you are.
Best regards!

Reactions: athearnsd45
This isn't sweeping ocean views or breathtaking mountains, but it is an interesting subject beyond what you see at first glance. Believe it or not, the building in my video is abandoned and will shortly be torn down. The motive for my video is a before-during-after sequence of the demolition process; this is the first stage in the sequence. Since I have my Part 107 but haven't used it for any money-making projects, I figured I'd use this as a testbed for how a commercial shoot might go (no plans to do anything with this particular video, but it's good practice). Any comments on my flying, editing, etc. will be appreciated, particularly new things I could be trying to make things more interesting. The drone is a Phantom 4 Advanced.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me.

John

I agree with most of the suggestions you are getting. But I am kinda curious about the story behind why that building is being demolished. Doesn't look that old. Where is it located?

bdooley, the building is in Wallingford, CT. It was the research center for a pharmaceutical company before they moved out of state, and the building owner has been unable to remarket the site as office space. They want to put warehouses on the land.

And if anyone doubts my story about the demolition, I made a return visit last weekend. They have a long way to go, but the damage is done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20