A new one for me....

SPD

Reaction score
Ok so I have a quick, odd question. I was flying my P4 about 110 feet high and maybe 60 feet away. Nothing was around the drone (360 degrees around). The controller and /or app stArted beeping very fast (almost like the obstacle avoid system) there was nothing abnormal on the app, and if I let it hover it was fine. Only by moving it the beeps started. So I let it hover and went through all the parameters/ options etc in app. brought it home and all was ok. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the beeping was related to??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Do you have propeller guards installed? They have been known to trigger obstacle avoidance in flight. Otherwise sometimes it gets confused in low-light situations.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If it continues , change your usb cable. I had it happen to me , controller started beeping before I took off. Changed out the cord and all was good. Possibly bent the cord one too many times.

My controller has started beeping every time I initially turn it on. With or without the craft turned on, it beeps. With or without the USB cable plugged in it beeps. The beeping goes away when I move the sticks.

Last edited:
I think the prop guards are supposed to somehow deactivate the obstacle avoidance on the P4 when installed. Next time I fly, I plan to try my prop guards, but I will now first check the app to ensure obstacle a avoidance is indeed deactivated before flight.

Sent from my STV100-3 using PhantomPilots mobile app

My controller has started beeping every time I initially turn it on. With or without the craft turned on, it beeps. With or without the USB cable plugged in it beeps. The beeping goes away when I move the sticks.
That's usually a sign that your remote controller sticks need to be calibrated.

There has been numerous reports that pointing the AC into the sun can initiate a false collision avoidance alarm. It did happen to me once. I was hovering at 80 feet taking photos and all of a sudden I heard the CA beep. I was facing the sun at the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20