A new firmware update (V1.2.8) is now available for Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
A new firmware update (V1.2.8) is now available for Phantom 3 Advanced. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download to download and update your Phantom 3 Advanced.

Overview:
All-in-One Firmware version updated to:v1.2.8

Major Updates:

Fixed issue of unwanted lines at the bottom of photos and videos when the image scale is set to 4:3.

Notice:

Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.2.7, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

Ive got a P3A (currently with v1.2.7) and this time I'm not going to bother updating to v1.2.8 as it only fixes one small 4x3 still image issue.
I'll wait until they release a firmware fix for the VPS issue - although I don't use that either :rolleyes:

Meanwhile at DJI
a6b14313672399d41d3459d53dbc0807.jpg

Carrying on because I expect a product to work as advertised? A product that worked hours before new firmware was updated? You have got to be kidding me.

Carrying on because I expect a product to work as advertised? A product that worked hours before new firmware was updated? You have got to be kidding me.
Do you think the Apollo moon program or the Wright Brothers managed without any glitches?
What DJI is delivering is right up there are the pointy end of technology, bringing it to you for a bargain price and hot off the presses.
If you don't appreciate that maybe crossword puzzles or giant jigsaws might be more your style.

Not sure if its fixed it or a fluke but later I did an IMU calibration check.

It said everything was a-ok.

But ignoring this I forced a re-calibration anyway.

And did another test flight - this time it seem better - no obvious vertical drift. Whereas previously it drifted quite badly - as if I had my finger on up/down lever but in fact didn't

Could be a co-incidence but will try again later.

Do you think the Apollo moon program or the Wright Brothers managed without any glitches?
What DJI is delivering is right up there are the pointy end of technology, bringing it to you for a bargain price and hot off the presses.
If you don't appreciate that maybe crossword puzzles or giant jigsaws might be more your style.

Ok fair enough - but have 2 releases. Stable and beta. Those like yourself who like bleeding edge stuff that's only had limited testing can go for the beta stuff.

People like me who don't like flyaways or their quadcopter crashing can stick with the stable releases.

A lot of companies do this - with a big warning that beta releases are high risk!

Whereas the DJI app kept hassling me to upgrade to the latest firmware to "fix bugs"

People like me who don't like flyaways or their quadcopter crashing can stick with the stable releases.
People who don't like flyaways should be pretty happy with the P3.
DJI seem to have come up with a quadcopter that:
1. Isn't prone to situations that can be thought of as a flyaway
2. Is quite difficult for even the most green pilots to get into a situation that they mistakenly think is a flyaway.​

Reactions: JBG
When I say go up I expect it to go up. When I say go down I expect it to go down.

When I say "do nothing" I expect it to hover in approximately the same place.

I guess we have different expectations.

So tell me meta4 - if you were driving your car along a straight road with the wheel pointing forward - and suddenly it veered off to the left or right unexpectedly so you have to correct it - is that your concept of a working car?

I really hope you don't work in the automotive or aeronautic industries. "Sorry passengers we've unexpectedly descended to 100 feet due to a beta firmware in our plane and are about to crash but hey we can't get it right all the time huh?"

Reactions: Sammynels
I'm not worried about flyaways, I have a product expectation to not lose features when I follow the manufacturers recommendation of upgrading firmware. It's simple as that. I can fly, I don't need VPS indoors or outdoors however the new pilots are going to notice the unstable hover and some are unfortunately going to smash their bird when landing. This has been a constructive forum to help guys get together and discuss issues that are collective and hold more weight. Your a minority here because most of us expect a stable platform for our work.

No Paul, the Ford Brothers died 7 times because their cars veered off the road. It happens. Lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31