A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3

Are you guys recalibrating imu after this update?

I won't unless I see some reason to do so. My experience with Advanced IMU Calibrations in the P2V+ (lousy yaw rotation stability after the IMU cal) makes me take a wait and see position. If something seems off in the first few flights, or if I see a recommendation for an IMU calc from the Pilot App, then I will do so.
I know it is recommended in many posts and documents, however.......

BTW my GPS, Mod and Compass numbers look very good on the app after the FW upgrade.

The Pilot app told me - that the RC should update even i'm on P3A - but not a problem took 1 min.

Leave the SD card in the gimbal, and connect it to your radio with the supplied mini usb cable that came with the Phantom 3.
Turn on the Phantom 3 then turn on the Radio controller.

It should begin to upgrade the firmware in a minute or less.
The first LED on the controller turns blue, while updating.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: ctp
I may have missed it scanning thru the posts... Getting my P3P hopefully soon, do I need to flash the previous firmware updates before this latest release? I'm guessing you can see your current firmware in the Pilot app? Thanks for helping out a noob!

Nope, happy flying.

I won't unless I see some reason to do so. My experience with Advanced IMU Calibrations in the P2V+ (lousy yaw rotation stability after the IMU cal) makes me take a wait and see position. If something seems off in the first few flights, or if I see a recommendation for an IMU calc from the Pilot App, then I will do so.
I know it is recommended in many posts and documents, however.......

BTW my GPS, Mod and Compass numbers look very good on the app after the FW upgrade.

I won't mess with any calibration unless the app tells me as well.

The correct link to your video is
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try starting the update from scratch. If that doesn't work contact support.
Got exactly the same problem. What to do now? Doesn't matter if sd card is inserted or not. P3 only beeps without any lights.

IF the DJI process failed and you have tried again but it wont do it, try this, we worked through this with people on RCG when the last fw was released and it worked in almost all cases

There seems to be a few people having problems upgrading to the latest firmware, Me and several other have been working through it and seem to have come up with a process that work's.

If you have not tried to update your firmware please follow DJI procedure first, that works fine in almost all cases.
If then that fails try the below.

Please try the following as we have worked through this all ready with a few people that could not update and had success. Please don't skip as step

1: Turn off the P3 and remove the battery for 20 minutes. makes sure its charged over 50% at this point.

2: Format the SD card again. Use the one it was supplied with

3:.Download the correct file again from DJI website,

4:.Place the correct .bin file from the new downloaded file on the SD card,

5:Turn on your controller.

6: Connect tablet and open the DJI Pilot app to camera.

7: Insert battery and turn on P3 with out SD card in and see if it connects to controller

8: if it connects then shut the P3 off, if it don't connect leave a few minutes then turn P3 off, don't worry if it does not connect to the app.

9: Close the DJI App but leave the controller turned on,

10: Insert SD card into P3 and turn on and allow software update.

11: Check update text file after its changed to finished tones.

12: Then please post the hidden log file located under the MISC\LOG\ folder on the SD card, you will need to enable I view hidden files and folders on your computer to see it

IF this don't work perform again but this time at step 9 turn the controller off.

If this don't work then it likely got to go back to DJI

Reactions: blade strike
Would someone please go fly the new firmware and report back?! Fly little guinea pig, fly!!
Flew with new firmware. All seems good after having to recalibrate the IMU. I'll take it out again this afternoon for a longer, higher flight.

I found several settings had been returned to factory default so just check all your settings BEFORE you fly.

Reactions: AmosMoses
Just how much did the gimbal move during the upgrade? I have the UAVBits camera guard (http://www.uavbits.net/store/p19/Carbon_Fiber_Camera_Guard_for_DJI_Phantom_3.html). The camera will touch the guard if tilted all the way to one side, but it does not touch it during startup or calibration. Just wondering if I need to remove the camera guard before doing the update.
Is there anyone with the UAVBits camera guard that has already done this upgrade?

can you explain in steps how this is done?

Just copy the FW .bin file to the root of the usb stick, put the stick in the controller and turn it on. Format on the USB stick has to be FAT32 otherwise it wont work.

Status LED will be blue while it's updating and turn to green when it's done.

Reactions: AmosMoses
P3P and tx updated with firmware v1.2.6 first time no problems, the quad took 18mins and the tx just 1min.
After updating P3P txt says :

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

After tx updated txt reads :

==========2015.06.15 18:48:48==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin,
Upgrading ...
Result: Success

I put in my second battery just in case it needed updating but the txt confirms it does not need it.

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

291gtus.jpg

Now i just need to take it for its first flight, i do not do an IMU calibration after the updates and never had any issues, i check the IMU but it says not needed.

Reactions: snowghost
Just how much did the gimbal move during the upgrade? I have the UAVBits camera guard (http://www.uavbits.net/store/p19/Carbon_Fiber_Camera_Guard_for_DJI_Phantom_3.html). The camera will touch the guard if tilted all the way to one side, but it does not touch it during startup or calibration. Just wondering if I need to remove the camera guard before doing the update.
Is there anyone with the UAVBits camera guard that has already done this upgrade?
I'd defiantly take it off! The camera does a bunch of flipping and bouncing around.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic