A little info for anyone / everyone using device with no cell function

99da2363af3b8e54b772c3cc14d8c771.jpg

This is a joke right? Above freezing all week then this? And 30 mph winds?

Someone tell me it's a joke.

So no... no testing this weekend.

I included the date because it's almost unbelievable that the temp is EXACTLY the same.
Just a suggestion. You might be able to open up the ipad wifi only compass and see what it reports as GPS coordinates. Before the bluetooth connection and after. I have an iphone5s and ipad mini3 that cannot, or will not, connect to each other. I think Apple does that.

I think that there is some sort of bug happening with Bluetooth tethering, at least on 3.1.5 iPad Mini 2

The DJI Go app works with internet over cellular. It should work also with internet over Bluetooth, since for all means and purposes it should be identical (everything else works that way)

But when using Bth tethering, the DJI Go app partially stops communicating. It looks as if the app is using multiple sockets to communicate with the P3S, one for video, one for telemetry/data, and the telemetry socket tries to use Bluetooth instead of wifi. I can still see the video, but the rest of the UI is not working in the app. If I'm correct,that looks like a bug, and could be fixed

I tried connecting to the P3S first, then turning on Bth tethering (but the DJI app immediately disconnects telemetry, video only), and turning on Bth tethering first, then connecting to the P3S (video only)

I read that someone can tether by turning on Bth after the P3S is connected, but that doesn't work for me with 3.1.5 (iPad Mini 2, Android Nexus 5 phone as the hotspot: please note that everything else works just fine with that configuration, only the DJI app gets confused)

I'm new to the P3S: one does one report a bug in the most likely way to get this fixed?

Re: GPS from the iPhone hotspot. This seems to be confirmed WiFi-Only iPad 2 Gets GPS When Tethered to iPhone | Cult of Mac but only if you use an iPhone as a hotspot. It looks like Apple has disabled (typical) the standard part of the GPS Bluetooth stack, so that instead of using a cheap Bluetooth GPS receiver, you need to buy an expensive "Apple approved" one. By jailbreaking your iPad, you can add the part of the Bluetooth stack that would allow you to use a cheap GPS receiver

Reactions: Loz
Im surprised to hear this and don't quite get how this works but do accept evidence indicates it works and appreciate you taking time to point it out. Being the stubborn person I am - I wish to get to understand how this works, specifically, how a non GPS iPad obtains GPS info from a GPS wifi tethered iPhone. Is that an Apple to Apple built into IOS thing or why/how.. I'll circle back here if I find out [emoji848]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart