Connection issue between RC / Phantom / Mobile device

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've just bought the P3S. I opened the box, charged everything as instructed and download the latest version of the app from the Apple Store.

I then followed the steps of the apps

1. Turn on remote
2. Turn on quadcopter
3. Try to connect to the phantom via the WI-FI network. I use the apple 5S and have tried with a 6S as well.

I NEVER managed to see the PHANTOM3_XXX on both phones.

One last point, the remote control status light remains solid red. I have tried to relink using the procedure stating to click on the link button on the quadcopter and then use the gimbal control on the RC pushed fully to the left and then moving quickly the S2 controller up and down a couple of times. There were some beeping but never ever did the status light of the controller turn green.

I'm at a loss ... I've tried everything but updating the firmware as I never was able to connect to the phone.

Hope you guys can help me out !!!

Thanks a lot !!!

Hello Math,
Maybe my buddy @dirkclod can help?
He should reply shortly!
I have p2v, p2v+, and p3p. Not sure if the standard is similar to any of mine?

Hope this helps!
J Dot
:cool:

Didn't see you mention you logged into app the first time .
Are you sure another wifi isn't got you locked out which you would see in your settings on your device in wi-fi ?

Hi @dirkclod @J Dot,

Thanks for the replies ... I have downloaded the latest version of the App from the Apple Store and have it installed on an Iphone 5S, an Ipad and an Iphone 6. On all those device, I've never managed to connect to the phantom wireless SSID. I actually don't see the network PHANTOM3_XXX as I'm supposed to do.

I'm logged on the app on the Iphone 5S and on the Ipad

Math

Try turning your remote on and wait 30 seconds before even opening your device's (phone's) WiFi settings.
Works that way for me.
It's possible that it does this for me because I am within 6 feet of my wireless router.

You mentioned above the gimbal dial fully to the left, then s2 switch rapidly, but the videos I watched, shows fully to the RIGHT, then s2 switch rapidly, until led turns red/green flashing, not sure this matters, but I have been doing research for you!

J Dot
:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4