A Closer Look at The Phantom Rain Wet Suits.

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
You dont have to be interested if flying in the Rain to the get benefits of the Phantom Rain Wet Suit , they are stunning all by themselves and offer some great added benefits.

The precision cut rings lock in the Props, making them more difficult to pop off. Props coming off is one of the most discussed problems on the Forum.
The leg folds , wrap around the leg clips that protect the electronic housing inside. Clips popping off the drone is another issue that is discussed frequently.
The Wet Suit Creates a Seal around the battery , helping to lock it in place. This is another widely discussed topic on how many drones fall out of the sky do to the battery dislodge.

The Rescue jackets can play a vital role if you are flying your drone over the water, to just keep it afloat or a remote landing

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.16.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.18.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.20.08 AM.png

Shown without the PLUG that covers the Gap.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.55.03 AM.png

This is the Surge Ring that covers the Gimbal Ring making it more difficult for water, sand, dirt to get inside.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 3.49.31 AM.png

Here is a Picture of the Bi Level System that lets the water flow off of the drone over the vents.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.56.31 AM.png

Here is what we call the Surge Mask: This is also a Bi Level System that allows water to run off of the drone instead of water running inside.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.19.13 AM.png

You can also see how the Leg Covers Wrap up and Protect the Leg Clips form coming off . The leg Covers are perfect grip for one Hand Grabs.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.51.56 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: obsidian 1
A
This guy is the ULTIMATE salesman lol .....................have you ever heard of the saying....Being able to sell sand to the Arabs......this guy could :eek:
A good product sells itself.

This is probably is a very good product for people who have a need for it.

As simple as it might look seemingly nobody else did it first. There have been a few other attempts at stopping phantoms from sinking however all seem to have had very limited market success.

You dont have to be interested if flying in the Rain to the get benefits of the Phantom Rain Wet Suit , they are stunning all by themselves and offer some great added benefits.

The precision cut rings lock in the Props, making them more difficult to pop off. Props coming off is one of the most discussed problems on the Forum.
The leg folds , wrap around the leg clips that protect the electronic housing inside. Clips popping off the drone is another issue that is discussed frequently.
The Wet Suit Creates a Seal around the battery , helping to lock it in place. This is another widely discussed topic on how many drones fall out of the sky do to the battery dislodge.

Last on the list of added benefits is the NEW Rescue Information being placed on the Wet Suit because we all know that Fly aways happen.

Fly Aways are nothing more than your drone losing connection and landing gently in someones pool or garden, if you dont have a phone or email , they have no way of ever getting back to you.

We now offer Rescue Information to be etched into the Phantom Rain Wet Suits, something that has proven on the Rescue Jackets to be invaluable.
So the Wet Suits are more than Sea Worthy on those Benefits alone not to mention making them more Weather Proof to Extreme flying conditions.

The Rescue jackets can play a vital role if you are flying your drone over the water, to just keep it afloat.

Will update the Phantomrain.org web site soon with the new Rescue Package:
Approved Vendor

View attachment 104966

View attachment 104967

View attachment 104973

Shown without the PLUG that covers the Gap.

View attachment 104974

This is the Surge Ring that covers the Gimbal Ring making it more difficult for water, sand, dirt to get inside.

View attachment 104975

Here is a Picture of the Bi Level System that lets the water flow off of the drone over the vents.

View attachment 104976

Here is what we call the Surge Mask: This is also a Bi Level System that allows water to run off of the drone instead of water running inside.

View attachment 104977

You can also see how the Leg Covers Wrap up and Protect the Leg Clips form coming off . The leg Covers are perfect grip for one Hand Grabs.

View attachment 104978

Hi where you buy it and weight

Those of you who seem to be making fun of this man and his product have obviously not seen and enjoyed the videos of the wet suits he has posted. He has shown awesome vids of flying in adverse conditions that no one wants to be in. It proves this product works, looks great, and adds protection to your investment. No, not everyone may want this product, but NO ONE can show a downside to adding this to your drone. These approved vendors make this forum possible and should be given some respect. Do your research, you will be surprised.

Those of you who seem to be making fun of this man and his product have obviously not seen and enjoyed the videos of the wet suits he has posted. He has shown awesome vids of flying in adverse conditions that no one wants to be in. It proves this product works, looks great, and adds protection to your investment. No, not everyone may want this product, but NO ONE can show a downside to adding this to your drone. These approved vendors make this forum possible and should be given some respect. Do your research, you will be surprised.

Months ago i asked for video of a p4 without a suit compared to a p4 with a suit. My guess is they perform equally in the rain. The fact that they have still not shown a comparison video tells me the suit is just an expensive color changing skin and nothing more.

The float looks interesting, but I'm sure it alters flight characteristics significantly, especially in windy conditions.

Reactions: higherperspective
Based on videos he has posted didn't see any altered flight characteristics. He has stated as such also. You can fly your phantom in the rain without the suit, it will fly just fine is my guess too, but it will get water inside it. If you were to for whatever reason fly in the rain would you risk such an expensive device without the protection? I do not see anyone posting pics or videos of their flying in the rain to disprove these suits work. Why should he risk his drone to possible expensive repair. You can look at the suit pics and see that they are doing what is claimed way better than just a plain unskinned craft. This is not for everyone but there are those I am sure fly with these and the owners feel a lot better out over water or in the rain with them than without it. just my $0.02 worth. I do not have any of these devices by the way and I fly over the water a lot living on the lake but I am insured so if my phantom goes swimming, this is a way to get a new drone for me....lol

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Months ago i asked for video of a p4 without a suit compared to a p4 with a suit. My guess is they perform equally in the rain. The fact that they have still not shown a comparison video tells me the suit is just an expensive color changing skin and nothing more.

The float looks interesting, but I'm sure it alters flight characteristics significantly, especially in windy conditions.

This Video alone shows How Vulnerable the Phantom 4 series drones are to RAIN / WATER / MOISTURE and Battery FALL OUT !

There is really no Reason to have to GUESS: Without A Phantom Rain Wet Suit the Drone is Vulnerable to the Extreme Weather just based on the Battery Alone.

Than you have added advantage of your drone not needing to be RICED because the Wet Suit is stopping the rain from getting inside , where as a drone without one is taking in the Rain and that again does not make them Equal.

So to answer your question , without all the drama of flying two birds they are not Equal.

As far as the Rescue Jacket goes , YES we did find that when we went Vertical to 1200 ft in sport mode , there was significant Drag , but for normal flying and recording the Rescue Jackets will get the job done nicely.

Hi where you buy it and weight

You can purchase it from are website phantomrain.org or if you live in Europe you can message me and I help you get the Wet Suit and or Rescue Jacket

The Obsidian looks amazing with an all Black Wet Suit.
The Wet Suit weights 2.8 ounces The Rescue Jacket weights 3 ounces.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-18-at-1-26-58-PM-5aaea2e27245c.png

A

A good product sells itself.

This is probably is a very good product for people who have a need for it.

As simple as it might look seemingly nobody else did it first. There have been a few other attempts at stopping phantoms from sinking however all seem to have had very limited market success.

Just to expand on this , there have been several attempts: Everyone was very focused on trying to make it a Boat and not a Submarine.

We decided to take a different approach and find a middle ground between a sub and a boat , for those that rely on there drone to make money going across the Ocean ect.

Speaking of selling sand to an Arab when I was a kid they use to say a good sales man good sell water in a bottle and every one laughed.

So we had some cool weather come in and the rain turned to ice:

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 7.26.57 AM.png

Than we have the thaw out:

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 6.45.35 AM.png

You can purchase it from are website phantomrain.org or if you live in Europe you can message me and I help you get the Wet Suit and or Rescue Jacket

The Obsidian looks amazing with an all Black Wet Suit.
The Wet Suit weights 2.8 ounces The Rescue Jacket weights 3 ounces.

View attachment 105100

We just finshed this Drone up for a client and tested it with the Rescue Jacket in Sport mode , flight characteristics were not visible during the flight , and sustained GPS position well. With that said, Atti mode would not be any fun as I think that is where you would visibly see the difference .

This is the Phantom 4 Pro Plus running the 509 geared up with the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket.
Total weight 6.5 ounces.

Update: Thursday May 26 2019 sprinkles all day and than this !
Mavic 2 and Phantom 4 Pro share an Unexpected down pour on low battery geared up with the Wet Suits.

Making the Phantom 4 Pro a Rockstar today ! Over 100 flights now in the pouring rain the Phantom Wet Suit is mind blowing.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the Storm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik