75 flights on Phantom 4. 75th flight, drone flew off and either crashed or just flew off into sky.

Reaction score
I don't consider to be a novice at flying this craft, or using the DJI Go App. I really never had to use the flight record until now. All my flights show up fine on Healthy Drones site and Dji Go, except for this one ( It shows up in Japenese or Chinese text..where all my others were normal and viewable). That was last flight, and my drone seems to be lost forever.

I did my pre-flight check. Calibrated my compass, set my RTH point, height, max altitude and distance. Checked that firmware was up to date. Along with I activated obstacle sensing. Just as I have always done. Everything seemed to be as normal. Then boom! I saw my drone acting funny above a tree line. I hit Rth asap. No response. It shifted to left very fast, than down. I believe it hit the tree tops. But not sure. No response. I lost all communication. I combed the woods and tree tops. No sign of my drone. My battery and controller was fully charged. It did record what appeared to be a crash record. But did not show up on dji crash report. It did however show up on my DJI Go App under videos. It's only 6 seconds long but so garbled that I can't view anything.

Frankly, I have no clue what happened. Quite concerning and disappointing.

Dji is attempting to help me, but so far, is taking forever to get the help and sure don't appear to be very promising.

Thanks for sharing. Seems odd to me. I really don't understand it. If I did something wrong, I sure don't know what it is. I have successfully flown under bridges, over bridges, houses, barns, lakes, rivers, in high winds, etc.. and always followed same procedure.

I'm using 20-20 hindsight (which doesn't help you much)... But if I saw my P4 start to do strange things in the air, I'd switch to Atti mode and try to fly it back home as best I could by hand.

Hindsight 20/20 not always good. It all happened within seconds. I hit rth. No response. Plus I lost visual and camera sight of it, with no clue which way it was heading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers