5400MAH P2 aftermarket battery

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Our AmBattery for P2 will be available, posting here is for checking if there is anyone who is interested in test?

Just send me email to know the further information. [email protected].

Thanks
kiwi

Attachments

• CC4A0732.JPG
    CC4A0732.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 539
  • CC4A0724.JPG
    CC4A0724.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 567
Probably for marketing purposes. The bigger is always better mentality.

the extra 200mah is for the bigger capacity to make sure the longer flight time.
Kiwi, the battery performs great! Loving the extra flight time and reliability! Here is a pic of us out testing the battery last week. The best part is that I have no worries about the Dji Assistant software disabling the battery like we had with our Limefuel batteries. Can't wait for the 6200!

Attachments

• Am_Battery1.1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 535
Kiwi, the battery performs great! Loving the extra flight time and reliability! Here is a pic of us out testing the battery last week. The best part is that I have no worries about the Dji Assistant software disabling the battery like we had with our Limefuel batteries. Can't wait for the 6200!
Pleased you liked the battery, but forgive me, your answer sounds rather "staged". I think a more credible report would have mentioned exactly how many more minutes the battery provides over the two types you have already tried, rather than "loving the extra flight time". You also mention reliability. Presumably this battery has only been available to testers for a week or two. Which other brands batteries failed within a couple of weeks for you to consider this type is more reliable ?

You're not associated in anyway with

ambattery.com,
4060 Qiaoxiang road,
Nanshan District Shenzhen China

by any chance ?

Pleased you liked the battery, but forgive me, your answer sounds rather "staged". I think a more credible report would have mentioned exactly how many more minutes the battery provides over the two types you have already tried, rather than "loving the extra flight time". You also mention reliability. Presumably this battery has only been available to testers for a week or two. Which other brands batteries failed within a couple of weeks for you to consider this type is more reliable ?

You're not associated in anyway with

ambattery.com,
4060 Qiaoxiang road,
Nanshan District Shenzhen China

by any chance ?
LOL, No I am Not affiliated with Am Battery in ANY way other than the fact that they had sent me a battery to test. I fly multiple times a day and just about EVERY day. I've had this battery for over 3 weeks so that might give you an idea of how many flights I've had on this battery. My post is simple. I appreciate the fact that Am sent me a battery to test out and I feel that if more companies came out with aftermarket products that work as good or better than the DJI products, it would only push DJI and other companies to stay on the ball as far as manufacturing better reliable products. If you know the history of the DJI Phantom 2 batteries then you might understand what I'm talking about. I bought A DJI battery at $159+ shipping only to have the battery fail after not even 30 uses (no warrantee). There are A LOT of people in various forums / sites that are afraid to go out on a limb and purchase aftermarket or "clone" products but are willing to put their trust in DJI once again after knowing the insane amount of DJI battery failures reported on this site alone. Many people giving reviews are stating facts based on theories or preconceived notions which in many cases are false or misleading. If I was to post my flight times then you might think my flight time is low if your bird weighs less than mine. If my craft is lighter than yours I might give you the impression that you're gonna gain flight time which may not be the case. So many factors play into flight time. My bird weighs over 1400g. So for me to post a flight time for my quad compared to yours just wouldn't be beneficial to anyone UNLESS they have a similar weight, components, fly the exact same way I did in the test, was flying in the same weather conditions (temperature, wind, the last time I flew was in the rain), and fly at over 6,000' in elevation. It would also be beneficial to nay sayers just trying to nitpick. If I was to compare it to my flight times of my Limefuel or my Nukes, that wouldn't be accurate either due to the fact that I've have the Nukes since August (still holding up great), my Limefuels since February. To have a one on one comparison with a DJI battery won't happen for the simple fact that I will NEVER buy another P2 battery period. But I understand what you're saying. To let you know also, I am by no means a battery expert, nor do I think I am but I do know a little more about these batteries than many. What I am an expert in is realism. If it works, it works. If it doesn't then I'm the first to say, "This doesn't f#IN work!". My reliability comment... I pushed this thing to the max as far as kicking' out the juice. I fly a little more aggressively than many people on here. When its time to shoot vid or pics, I fly accordingly. When it's play time I push this thing to its max.. full throttle racing around like its a 250! I've also flown this thing out over a mile away and back and still had plenty of juice to do it again. Reliability for me might mean getting from point A to B also. The point of this post is to maybe inspire anyone sitting on the fence about using aftermarket batteries to go ahead after a little bit of research. That's all... Plain and simple. Aftermarket batteries are a pretty common question on this site. Mostly people wanting to know if they can trust them or if they're gonna gain flight time. If you're running a DJI 5200 then most likely your gonna see an increase in flight time for the simple fact that the Am Battery a 5400 mah battery, 200 mah more than the DJI. I have 5 aftermarket batteries and have had none of them fail yet. Like I said... I push em'. I won't even go into how low I run them... that's an argument for a WHOLE other day! :D

I was gonna answer your question about you moving the compass. I've had mine moved for over a year now WITHOUT any problems. You can see how far down mine is in the pic. Go for it!

Thanks for your full reply ! :)

I was not really interested in absolute flight times, as you say these vary from aircraft to aircraft and with flying style. What would have been interesting though would have been some relative flying times, where you do similar flights with different batteries and to see the difference between them. Presumably you must have done this in some form, in order to reach the conclusion that the AMBattery is better.

Thanks for your full reply ! :)

I was not really interested in absolute flight times, as you say these vary from aircraft to aircraft and with flying style. What would have been interesting though would have been some relative flying times, where you do similar flights with different batteries and to see the difference between them. Presumably you must have done this in some form, in order to reach the conclusion that the AMBattery is better.

And I have with the 5400s. I wish I had a brand new 5400 competitor to test along side with it. I posted before on here that my Nukes have around 80 something charges on them. I'd say they're still within a minute or two of their original flight time. Obviously the Am 5400 is brand new and out performs my Nuke. You now have me wanting to go out and see what my Limefuel 6200 flight time is in comparison. I can't come out and say one that one is better than the other nor would I. What I would say is that the Am Battery Ultra X seems to be a reliable battery at this point for me and there SHOULD be some sort of gain flight time over the DJI due to the fact that the Am Battery has 200 more mah. I have more flight time over my Nuke (which is why I said I love the additional flight time) but it wasn't meant to compare one battery over another. The reliability is the fact that this thing full throttle zipping around in the cold wind and the rain (20-30 mph) at my over 6000' elevation. Those motors were screaming!!! It was also in reference to being able to fly long distances without worrying about the battery losing voltage and going into auto-land like reported on some of the DJI's. I've seen auto-land battery problems on here with DJI battery life in the 70 - 90's %... That's scary and ridiculous! I know some of the auto land problems with the DJI batteries were attributed to some goof up in the Phantom 2 firmware. That seems to be mostly fixed if you run the really old or really new firmware updates. But I haven't had ANY of those problems running aftermarket batteries. So I'm pleased with that. With this Am Battery I am able to keep it in my bird when I go into the DJI Assistant Software and don't have to worry about battery swapping, turning off my WIFI or the battery auto updating and then disabling the battery like some have had happen with the Nuke and Limewire batteries. That's also a plus for me. Plus my kids like the color. :rolleyes:

What are those enlongated arms ? do they help in any way ? do you have bigger propellers mounted ?

Whats the point for 200mah?
When I got my P2V+ I would get 17mins left on the app.. I just got a replacement aftermarket batt to try,,it's 5400mah,, the phantom won't display aval flight mins for about a min flying,,then it shows 18mins,,,a lot better then the 5200 version..! 6400mah WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE...Sent an e-mail about pricing for Canada, will see what comes of it..

When I got my P2V+ I would get 17mins left on the app.. I just got a replacement aftermarket batt to try,,it's 5400mah,, the phantom won't display aval flight mins for about a min flying,,then it shows 18mins,,,a lot better then the 5200 version..! 6400mah WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE...Sent an e-mail about pricing for Canada, will see what comes of it..

Do you think the 6400 mAh is real ? I doubt about anything above 5400-5500 @ 10C with this size. Ofcourse I would love to get a real 6000 mAh battery for P2V but not sure what to say.

Do you think the 6400 mAh is real ? I doubt about anything above 5400-5500 @ 10C with this size. Ofcourse I would love to get a real 6000 mAh battery for P2V but not sure what to say.
Sure why not.. Battery tech has come a long ways..DJI is not going to put out the longest lasting batt they can simply to keep you buying more of theirs. However I have a hard time paying almost 200.00 here in Canada for 5200mah batts.
The batt I'm trying out now is from CTCWORLDSUPPLY (Fulfilled by Amazon) . There are some issues, but overall it seems to work better then DJI,,AND at $99.99 to the door.!

Sure why not.. Battery tech has come a long ways..DJI is not going to put out the longest lasting batt they can simply to keep you buying more of theirs. However I have a hard time paying almost 200.00 here in Canada for 5200mah batts.
The batt I'm trying out now is from CTCWORLDSUPPLY (Fulfilled by Amazon) . There are some issues, but overall it seems to work better then DJI,,AND at $99.99 to the door.!

What is the amp rating and c rating on the CTC battery ? The price isn't very good if its in US dollars. If its canadians maybe :)

Here in europe you can get them for around 60-70 EUR that would be 80-85 USD. (aftermarket ofcourse).

What is the amp rating and c rating on the CTC battery ? The price isn't very good if its in US dollars. If its canadians maybe :)

Here in europe you can get them for around 60-70 EUR that would be 80-85 USD. (aftermarket ofcourse).
It's rated at 10C..The price to the door in Canada is $99.99..The order is fulfilled by amazon...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl