500$ a day for Texas pilots

Reaction score
No this is not a scam. A friend called me today and is looking for 3 107 pilots and 3 want to be's to work the disaster area in Texas. $500 a day, 50 PD and $125 for housing. This offer is like a ripe banana they want you to start ASAP with a 1 day training in in San Antonio. The down fall in my humble opinion is you need your own drone. Could turn into long term but for now about 3 weeks. Email me your name and contact info. [email protected]

No this is not a scam. A friend called me today and is looking for 3 107 pilots and 3 want to be's to work the disaster area in Texas. $500 a day, 50 PD and $125 for housing. This offer is like a ripe banana they want you to start ASAP with a 1 day training in in San Antonio. The down fall in my humble opinion is you need your own drone. Could turn into long term but for now about 3 weeks. Email me your name and contact info. [email protected]

If this is legit, then the real issue will be "finding" a motel that will have rooms available the closer you get to the work area. That may be harder to find than 107 pilots to go.

My guess having a camper that will be about the only way to get within 100 miles to help with recovery.

I would need to know more but, willing to help.

edspilot

What kind of drones? Thermal needed? Is a P4 going to cut it? Not enough info. Would be willing to do it if legit.

$1000 a day minimum.......especially if I supply and are responsible for the drone.......

Sounds to me like all you retired RV owners with drones should consider driving to Texas. On the way there pickup another 3 more 107 pilots with their drones and help out the needy. The RV owner would pockets each pilot's $125 housing reimbursement, so the RV owner makes $1000/day playing pilot and landlord, and the other pilots have a place to sleep and eat. Sounds like a great adventure for those with an RV and nothing but time on their hands, and a 107 certificate.

They must have had quite a few takers right away, I sent my contact info to the email address several days ago and have never heard back

What about the TFR down there?

FAA waivers are available for commercial applications. During the flood of 93 the St. Louis area was under a TFR. I was granted waivers for photography with a Cessna. Obviously, this was before drones were available.

This is most likely a company called DataWing out of San Antonio. They have several insurance clients they will be working with in Houston and Texas coast.
I live here in Houston and we are about to see the largest concentration of UAVs in history here in Houston and south Texas once the TFRs lift even though many of the large commercial and industrial UAV operations already have special waivers and E COAs in place for special operations.
It's currently estimated that over 40 major UAV operations are set up and and ready to go here in Houston. This includes insurance companies, industrial and Commercial inspection outfits and the media.
What happens here over the next few months and through the end of the year will define UAV operations and their utilization after a catastrophe or disaster (natural or man made) here in the U.S.
While it is an incredible tragedy in terms of loss of life, the tragedy and hardship that hundreds of thousands of people are experiencing, property damage and the long term effects on not just Texas but the rest of the country, it is a once in a life time opportunity for the UAV industry.
Words and pictures do not do justice to the incredible outpouring of people who have drove here with boats to assist in the thousands of water rescues of people and pets who became stranded in a matter of hours.
While the rest of the country is in turmoil over so many things, when you rescue an elderly couple and their beloved little dog from flood waters that they probably would have drowned in over the next hour it brings what's really important in our world and live into stark perspective. Texas and the rest of U.S. is showing the world what is like to come together and help others in time of need. So many of these rescues were literally life and death, many of these people would not have made it through the night. Texas would like to thank all those that came here to help and risk their own lives and equipment to help total strangers in an incredible time of need. I've never been so proud to be a Texan and American....
Sorry for the rant guys, it's been an extremely tough week, mentally and physically
for us down here. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers and thank you for all your help.
Just remember also.... this is Texas!.... we've got this!...

I have the time the drones, 3 but haven't got the 107 until this winter.I use my drones to search for lost dog's for free.Wish I could help I am praying for you Texas..

Reactions: AyeYo
Sorry about the delayed response. The 8 people that emailed me I sent the guy's name and phone number to. He called me to see if I was interested but could not do it due to other work. He does not sound that knowledgable about drones. He is a emergency response guy. I did not like the idea of using my own drone. Which brings up another question how long can you run a p3p without a break. If he is talking about using it all day it seems like a lot of wear and tear.

Sorry about the delayed response. The 8 people that emailed me I sent the guy's name and phone number to. He called me to see if I was interested but could not do it due to other work. He does not sound that knowledgable about drones. He is a emergency response guy. I did not like the idea of using my own drone. Which brings up another question how long can you run a p3p without a break. If he is talking about using it all day it seems like a lot of wear and tear.

in all businesses the owner operator normally provides their own tools and is paid a good rate accordingly.
If I were to do this I would expect to use my own and I would also have at minimum 1 or backup units to keep the income stream going should a mishap occur. At 500 per day and expenses I could afford to buy several and still make money.

$1000 a day minimum.......especially if I supply and are responsible for the drone.......

This is a major disaster area affecting hundreds of thousands and you'd be doing a great service. IMHO you should take the $500/day and feel great about the assistance you're providing. You can insure your drone for $60/year with State Farm. (no, I don't work for them.)

Last edited:

If you think he's still looking for people, please PM his info as well. Running all day without a break isn't an issue. I've back to backed batteries on long jobs for hours without a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers