5.4mm 10MP GoPro lens

I see with surveilzone they only have the one lens and ragecams only has a few lens while PeauProductions has a large assortment of lens which range in price from $140 - $80.
Surveilzone actually has quite an assortment of lenses. I just got my 5.4mm/10 lens from them today. Three days after I ordered it. It IS a Hong Kong company, and I had to pay $20 for express shipping, but that's still only $119. I've read many reviews claiming it is a great lens- this weekend I'll see for myself

I see with surveilzone they only have the one lens and ragecams only has a few lens while PeauProductions has a large assortment of lens which range in price from $140 - $80.
Surveilzone actually has quite an assortment of lenses. I just got my 5.4mm/10 lens from them today. Three days after I ordered it. It IS a Hong Kong company, and I had to pay $20 for express shipping, but that's still only $119.
Post some footage once you get it and let us know how you like it.
Got it! Planning to try it and fly it this weekend.

Ragecams is not over priced but you are buying 2 lens for $229.99 usd

At peauproductions the same lens 5.4mm f/2.5 10mp is $140.00 usd

Here test footage from that lens shot in 4K @ 15fps but it looks better at 2.7K @ 30fps using GP 3+ bl. Had no jello, prop strobing nor fisheye.
Looks good. Love the narrow but high-res angle. Just got mine today.

Bought a couple of items from peu - they have spares for the Go Pro and excellent to deal with. I also bought 2 lenses from them as well which unusual and hard to find elsewhere. However my favourite lens is the 5.4mm so bought 2 from surveilanzone and got them 3 days later. Shipping is $20 from Hong Kong. Shipping from the USA is 26.95 so it ended up been cheaper from China

Bought a couple of items from peu - they have spares for the Go Pro and excellent to deal with. I also bought 2 lenses from them as well which unusual and hard to find elsewhere. However my favourite lens is the 5.4mm so bought 2 from surveilanzone and got them 3 days later. Shipping is $20 from Hong Kong. Shipping from the USA is 26.95 so it ended up been cheaper from China
So, out of curiosity, why do many lenses?

Surveilzone actually has quite an assortment of lenses. I just got my 5.4mm/10 lens from them today. Three days after I ordered it. It IS a Hong Kong company, and I had to pay $20 for express shipping, but that's still only $119.

Got it! Planning to try it and fly it this weekend.

Your right about them have plenty of lens but just not for the GoPro.

;);) Oh dear I have been found out ...

The obsession / addiction what ever you want to call it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

P2 vision + with Go Pro 4 Silver and dronexpert mod - 5.4 lens
P2 lightbridge Go Pro 3 black with 5.4 lens
P2 lightbridge with Go Pro 3 Silver with 2.7mm (same as stock) but with less fish eye
P2 Lightbridge with Go Pro 4 black with 5.4 lens

was going to take apart the PV2+ camera apart and install 5.4mm lens.. having watched the video a dozen times decided not to do it. I took all the Go Pro's apart and that was hard enough

;);) Oh dear I have been found out ...

The obsession / addiction what ever you want to call it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

P2 vision + with Go Pro 4 Silver and dronexpert mod - 5.4 lens
P2 lightbridge Go Pro 3 black with 5.4 lens
P2 lightbridge with Go Pro 3 Silver with 2.7mm (same as stock) but with less fish eye
P2 Lightbridge with Go Pro 4 black with 5.4 lens

was going to take apart the PV2+ camera apart and install 5.4mm lens.. having watched the video a dozen times decided not to do it. I took all the Go Pro's apart and that was hard enough
You make me feel much better about my own obsessions.

So what were the results after you changed the lens? I'm dying here with curiosity.
Today, is the first flyable day since I made the change, so my only experience is in the room. I'll put it in the air and post some video, with some comparison with the original lens.

Which GP did you put it on?

Hero 4 Black

Do you intend to post it in 4K or 1080p? The reason for asking is that 4K is a waste of time since no one has a 4K monitor or tv plus the fact down-rezzed in 1080p is far sharper than standard HD. Also are you going to process the footage or leave it raw?

Do you intend to post it in 4K or 1080p? The reason for asking is that 4K is a waste of time since no one has a 4K monitor or tv plus the fact down-rezzed in 1080p is far sharper than standard HD. Also are you going to process the footage or leave it raw?
1080p for the exact reasons you stated. I MIGHT shoot it in 4K as I can at least test the sharpness of the lens on my 1440p (quasi 2k) monitor, but if I do, I will down-rez it to 1080p.

1080p for the exact reasons you stated. I MIGHT shoot it in 4K as I can at least test the sharpness of the lens on my 1440p (quasi 2k) monitor, but if I do, I will down-rez it to 1080p.

Well don't forget that you're shooting with a larger mm lens what you use to shooting at 6' will now have to be shot from 15'. But the nice thing you will not see those props nor landing gear any more in your footage. It also is allot better than moving the gimbal forward as some wanted to do.

Well don't forget that you're shooting with a larger mm lens what you use to shooting at 6' will now have to be shot from 15'. But the nice thing you will not see those props nor landing gear any more in your footage. It also is allot better than moving the gimbal forward as some wanted to do.
Yep. Ideally, I would have a different camera for each. Maybe the Hero 5 will have (easily) changeable lenses.

Yep. Ideally, I would have a different camera for each. Maybe the Hero 5 will have (easily) changeable lenses.

How long did it take you to disassemble, focus and reassemble the camera?
How did you focus the lens?

I do not see a need to have more one lens as it will work with all of the different frame rates that the GP has to offer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl