5.4mm 10MP GoPro lens

same lens - there is a cheap nasty one out there but this one is the same one with the AR coating

Ragecams are wayyyy over priced, their lenses are no better than the ones you get from the far east.. There are many reviews around, and videos on how to safely replace the lens yourself. Just make sure youre not buying the infra red model...

Reactions: AllanVB
Ragecams are wayyyy over priced, their lenses are no better than the ones you get from the far east.. There are many reviews around, and videos on how to safely replace the lens yourself. Just make sure youre not buying the infra red model...
For sure. It says non-IR in the description. Thanks for that!

For sure. It says non-IR in the description. Thanks for that!
Do you have a link right to the lens? The only 5.4mm lens I see on that site says IR CUT right on the lens and "With IR Block Filter' in the description.

Do you have a link right to the lens? The only 5.4mm lens I see on that site says IR CUT right on the lens and "With IR Block Filter' in the description.
Thanks for checking- yes, that's the one I ordered. I was just talking off the top of my head before.

Post some footage once you get it and let us know how you like it.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to see some of my existing footage:
http://DattaGroover.com/Fun/

The first video is mixed drone and other shots from our work in Australia. The second (and most of the others) are pure drone.
Nice shots in that first clip. Was that with a Gopro? If so I assume it was set to medium or narrow. Also who did the music bed for you? Excellent use of ambient samples in that groove.

Nice shots in that first clip. Was that with a Gopro? If so I assume it was set to medium or narrow. Also who did the music bed for you? Excellent use of ambient samples in that groove.
Thanks, glad you liked it. Yes, that was a gopro 3+ on narrow or medium. The indoor shots were all with a Canon 5d Mkiii and Canon XA-10. The ground video was also shot with a 5d for the most part.
I mixed the sound from 4 separate stereo tracks, two were ambient and two were aboriginal grooves.
I mixed the video and audio down with Adobe premiere and audition

Ragecams is not over priced but you are buying 2 lens for $229.99 usd

At peauproductions the same lens 5.4mm f/2.5 10mp is $140.00 usd

Here test footage from that lens shot in 4K @ 15fps but it looks better at 2.7K @ 30fps using GP 3+ bl. Had no jello, prop strobing nor fisheye.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What? Where?

I bought mine from www.peauproductions.com out in CA for $140. I didn't to lens and that is why I brought from Peau. RageCams is here in Sparta, MI and its the same lens but again you have to buy 2 of them.. Never heard of SurveilZone.

RageCams is here in Sparta, MI and its the same lens but again you have to buy 2 of them.
This is why I asked above. I've gone to ragecams site and looked at their 5.4mm lens for $229.99. Maybe I'm missing it but I can find nothing on that page which indicates that you get two lenses for $299.99.

I assumed that the package contained two lens as I never enlarged the photo. What they trying do is to imply they are the only ones with an IR CUT lens. The lens I purchased from PeauProductions is an 5.4mm f/2.5 10mp IR CUT lens w/filter and is marked as such and it only cost $140.

Yes - but what peu sell for $140 you can get for $99 from surveilzone - exact same one

Yes - but what peu sell for $140 you can get for $99 from surveilzone - exact same one

For one thing I never heard of that company and they were never online when I did my research in early March. Besides it installed and works fine.

I see with surveilzone they only have the one lens and ragecams only has a few lens while PeauProductions has a large assortment of lens which range in price from $140 - $80.

Reactions: AllanVB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.