4K camera - P3 Pro - warning

Example that was processed on my 1080p computer in VideoPad Pro at 4k, then uploaded and presented by Youtube in 4k:

Got my P3 Pro during the Black Friday sale. Good deal i thought but the only thing i completely forgot was the 4K limitation on my computer.

Although i have a better than average PC (i7, nvidia card) it still cant play 4K video let alone edit it in 4K.

Had to convert the the 4K video to 1080 or less in order to view or edit it. Now instead of shooting at 4K vid I'm just taking 1080 so i dont have to go through the pain of converting the video.

Unless you have a new PC with 4K vid capabilities i would stay away from the pro unless of course you get a great deal on it.
Example that was processed on my 1080p computer in VideoPad Pro at 4k, then uploaded and presented by Youtube in 4k:

Is Video Pad an Apple Software?

Nobody has said this yet: If you shoot in 4K and reduce it to 1080, the 1080 video is sharper than if you shoot it in 1080.
Why? Because when the video is downscaled, the noise is reduced...among other things. You Want 4K...all the editing programs edit in 4K by making a low-res copy of the incoming video and using that for editing... then it "renders" it to anything you want (using the original files). You could use Sony Vegas on your machine... edit in 4K with proxy (automatically done) and render it out at 4K...then put that file into a standalone media player that does 4K (cheap)..and pump it into a real 4K TV. Bam!

I agree...edit in 4K with proxy (I use Premiere Elements 13)...and then render to 1080 or 4k.

Got my P3 Pro during the Black Friday sale. Good deal i thought but the only thing i completely forgot was the 4K limitation on my computer.

Although i have a better than average PC (i7, nvidia card) it still cant play 4K video let alone edit it in 4K.

Had to convert the the 4K video to 1080 or less in order to view or edit it. Now instead of shooting at 4K vid I'm just taking 1080 so i dont have to go through the pain of converting the video.

Unless you have a new PC with 4K vid capabilities i would stay away from the pro unless of course you get a great deal on it.
BTW Adobe Premier Elements will edit 4K. For the price, it's a pretty hard editor to beat.

Use VLC but have to change settings. Preferences codecs use comp hardware. ...

Shooting in 4K gives me more pixel information to use in post editing, even when my final product is in 1080p. I can produce a better professional product shooting in 4K, do all my color correcting/grading, then render in 1080p for use. It gets technical but there is a use for it even if you are not viewing it in 4K. FYI.

As a working film editor in a large movie studio, I can tell you that shooting 4K and then editing on a 1080 timeline is very common and has advantages. This is because you get exceptional clarity down converting the 4K to 1080. Not to mention the fact that you can punch in (Zoom into frame) without losing noticeable resolution (up to about 180%) if you require to. Many production houses that deliver HD material to their clients shoot in 4K for this reason too.

Unless you have a new PC with 4K vid capabilities i would stay away from the pro unless of course you get a great deal on it.[/Q

Shooting in 4K gives me more pixel information to use in post editing, even when my final product is in 1080p. I can produce a better professional product shooting in 4K, do all my color correcting/grading, then render in 1080p for use. It gets technical but there is a use for it even if you are not viewing it in 4K. FYI.
You can view it with the the free VLC media player, download is free. Edit with Nero 2016. 4K is shaper even compressed to 1080p.

As a working film editor in a large movie studio, I can tell you that shooting 4K and then editing on a 1080 timeline is very common and has advantages. This is because you get exceptional clarity down converting the 4K to 1080. Not to mention the fact that you can punch in (Zoom into frame) without losing noticeable resolution (up to about 180%) if you require to. Many production houses that deliver HD material to their clients shoot in 4K for this reason too.

This isn't about whether to shoot 4k or not. The OP simply does not have a machine with the ability to edit 4k.

I am playing 2.7K on my windows desktop using Apple Quicktime Player OK. For editing Cyberlink Powerdirector does it.

Had similar issues with 4K playback. My desktop about 1.5 years old, laptop about 3 years old.
Solution that worked on both platforms was to download VLC media player.
Even lets you take 10 Meg snapshots of your playback to send to friends.

I have got a crappy old (2 years old) Surface Pro 2 and it plays the 4k video perfectly, and I use Corel to edit it, again without any issue...

2.7k IS the future!

Yesterday I updated my P3P to the latest FW etc - even upgraded the latest ios on the ipad thing.

The phantom flew brilliantly (as per) & I recorded in 2.7k for the 1st time ever & the best thing is - It plays flawlessly on my old PC & looks amazing.

This PC is bad, bad with 4k & not too great with 1080p... but 2.7k plays like a dream, no stuttering/jerking etc - I don't get it, but it's 2.7k from now on

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik