4 km at 1080p

when the weather allows i do my first test with rhcp's + booster. Can fly for 40min with speeds of 45km/h to 80% batt life. 55min fully drained.

maybe to increase any further, i was thinking of putting boosters on the air unit. anybody tried? they are quite heavy but could boosters damage the air unit? looking at specs most boosters are designed for 100mw/20dbm. I think it will increase range for sure.

i haven't seen boosted video transmitters, only receivers.....also in the vision+ catagory.

anybody?

Did first test flight with circular antennas, reached 4,6km. Antenna setup can still be improved a bit.
When weather allows I will do new test with amps installed.

See picture , little bit blurried caused by jello due to testing new mounting bracket.

Interesting, look at signal strengh, limiting factor is control signal sent to air unit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 922
Hi everybody i'm new here. I'm jon.
I have variopus quadcopter both in just 5 months. i mostly do photo stills and use gm1 and up to take still with 2 phantom 550 and s800 evo.
i have received one phantom that was the p2v+ without camera but with wifi working. following a modification i used it with zenmuse without problem.

i use also wifi from go pro remote.
from this i start thinking of using the gm1 with wifi and iphone app, to fpv and most of all control camera setting and shutter from iphone.
So i bought an access point from tp link and become trying to link everything. only after installing a firmware from dd-wrt i managed to create an access point and connect both iphone and camera to this, now they work together ( actually i changed access point creating a point to point adhoc connection).
in the field with the standard antenna of 4db, i managed to keep connection for 30 40 meters before the signal become lost and gm1 was too far. i switched one of the antenna with a clover antenna that come with my dji v58 kit, and i managed some more like 60 meters in the direction of antenna.

Now i read this thread and it seems that you can help me improving the network and reach.
i planned to buy a 9db antenna and probably the wifi amp, and try to replicate the same settings you have suggested.
do you think i can have a gain of stability of the connection? i don't need 1,5 km,. i need 100 200 meters of stable connection.
my weak point is the gm1 antenna, it has only g compatibility. do you think i need to add an extender in the plane or the wifi booster will help amplify also this signal?
by the way i tried to use the extender of phantom and it works creating a link between gm1 and iphone but again the reach is limited.

another idea i have is to buy a portable small repetear, take it out from enclosure and power with the phantom battery system ( maybe i need a bec for this?) and change inside antenna with some cloverleaf or antenna, then use it to boost gm1 signal. then i will add my access point to linkl the extended network and iphone.

what you think?

Hello everyone I am new to this! I started this July I run a fireworks company and I've invested a lot for the filming of my shows I found this post by high loud a few weeks ago and thankfully I saw his new setup without the boosters lol or I would have blown my lightbridge to bits and pieces .... So I'm building this setup and I'm stuck on one part can anyone here help. The part where you mount this to the tripod. If bought 15m of hdmi I have the 3.5 so I can fly indoors, I bought 500.00 worth the circular wireless and ordered all the cable connections, now it's the mounting this to a tripod that gets me. I see high loud is using a aluminum tablet holder of some sort? It looks like it works great. Also how far should I space the helicoils apart? As for the scues, I was thinking of drilling 1/8th holes into cover of phantom on the side and installing antenna outlet? Like you would do when you doing the d.b.s. Mod to the v2pluse. Any ideas?

Jonbull..
Hi everybody i'm new here. I'm jon.
I have variopus quadcopter both in just 5 months. i mostly do photo stills and use gm1 and up to take still with 2 phantom 550 and s800 evo.
i have received one phantom that was the p2v+ without camera but with wifi working. following a modification i used it with zenmuse without problem.

i use also wifi from go pro remote.
from this i start thinking of using the gm1 with wifi and iphone app, to fpv and most of all control camera setting and shutter from iphone.
So i bought an access point from tp link and become trying to link everything. only after installing a firmware from dd-wrt i managed to create an access point and connect both iphone and camera to this, now they work together ( actually i changed access point creating a point to point adhoc connection).
in the field with the standard antenna of 4db, i managed to keep connection for 30 40 meters before the signal become lost and gm1 was too far. i switched one of the antenna with a clover antenna that come with my dji v58 kit, and i managed some more like 60 meters in the direction of antenna.

Now i read this thread and it seems that you can help me improving the network and reach.
i planned to buy a 9db antenna and probably the wifi amp, and try to replicate the same settings you have suggested.
do you think i can have a gain of stability of the connection? i don't need 1,5 km,. i need 100 200 meters of stable connection.
my weak point is the gm1 antenna, it has only g compatibility. do you think i need to add an extender in the plane or the wifi booster will help amplify also this signal?
by the way i tried to use the extender of phantom and it works creating a link between gm1 and iphone but again the reach is limited.

another idea i have is to buy a portable small repetear, take it out from enclosure and power with the phantom battery system ( maybe i need a bec for this?) and change inside antenna with some cloverleaf or antenna, then use it to boost gm1 signal. then i will add my access point to linkl the extended network and iphone.

what you think?
Hello jonbul, get yourself a GoPro and a gimbal, run it into your phantom then get the new d,b,s mod it's 100 bucks spend a few hours installing it and you will be able to fly as far as your eye can see your bird and film! The dbs mod is amazing and cheep and fast! And it looks like it will work perfect for you!

Hi, looking at one of the well known commercial outfits providing "range extender kits" for the P3A and P, I did see they offered a booster on the P3 side of the equation. That's about all I know. I was scanning over this cool thread, and I remember seeing that. It shouldn't be hard to find.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31