3D Robotics Solo vs Dji Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the new 3dr solo vs the dji Phantom 3

Here is some info.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: The English Guy
Have ya looked in our other forum Enron at the bottom of the page ?
I will be glad when they start getting them to see just how good they are !
Me will stay with the Phantom's myself but that's just me ;)

Reactions: IflyinWY
Thanks I just looked over the table and skimmed the comments.
Yd3ZQvT.png

I dont know if the this is completely accurate, who ever made this table was not really doing a correct comparison? Follow me, orbit, mimic, where are those features in the Phantom 3, if this is referring to manual functionality then the "yes" would be wrong. And even if it is supposedly being developed it is surely not a definite yes.

I am a fan of Dji Phantoms and I haven't lost one yet due to any kind of product error "knock on wood" but I am always looking for most efficient technology sound products in the market so my loyalty would fall on to whatever company makes me feel like I would be getting my money's worth.

Side question what is "mimic"?

Have ya looked in our other forum Enron at the bottom of the page ?
I will be glad when they start getting them to see just how good they are !
Me will stay with the Phantom's myself but that's just me ;)
what part? can you link? I am always interested?

Oh I see its a Solo discussion section. :) I def will snoop around in there see what I can learn. What perked my interest was there warranty and return policy including the flyaway refund program. Thats kind of dope.
Jacob made a forum just for it . I joined it and looks like it will take off as this one did .

Reactions: IflyinWY
Its sort of hard to give a real comparison on the solo to a p3 being the solos are not released yet. So you will have to wait till I get mine ;-)

Its sort of hard to give a real comparison on the solo to a p3 being the solos are not released yet. So you will have to wait till I get mine ;-)

Tell that to all the people posting on RCPlanet P3 vs Solo, its kind of a joke and its already 125 pages long LOL

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the new 3dr solo vs the dji Phantom 3

Here is some info.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was very interested in the 3DR solo. But, the main point that sold me to the P3P Is the fact 3DR's website under the solo specs it says it can hold a "GoPro HERO". Which is actually the label of the cheap $130 one at Walmart, Target and such. Terrible video quality and it doesnt say anything about GoPro Hero 4 Black edition (Which I have). I can almost guarantee thats the catch to replacing your gopro, gimbal and quad in the event it flys away or crashes. I will bet any money says 3DR will replace your gopro with the cheap $130 model even if you had a $500 gopro black edition on it. Plus, the "GoPro HERO" is actually a little bit bigger than than 4 black edition so the gimbal is probably not compatible. Just something to note. If thats not the case 3DR needs to relabel their specs information because its very misleading and Im sure not too many people will catch on to that. Cheers!

Thanks I just looked over the table and skimmed the comments.
Yd3ZQvT.png

I dont know if the this is completely accurate, who ever made this table was not really doing a correct comparison? Follow me, orbit, mimic, where are those features in the Phantom 3, if this is referring to manual functionality then the "yes" would be wrong. And even if it is supposedly being developed it is surely not a definite yes.

I am a fan of Dji Phantoms and I haven't lost one yet due to any kind of product error "knock on wood" but I am always looking for most efficient technology sound products in the market so my loyalty would fall on to whatever company makes me feel like I would be getting my money's worth.

Side question what is "mimic"?
This table has several errors.

I was very interested in the 3DR solo. But, the main point that sold me to the P3P Is the fact 3DR's website under the solo specs it says it can hold a "GoPro HERO". Which is actually the label of the cheap $130 one at Walmart, Target and such. Terrible video quality and it doesnt say anything about GoPro Hero 4 Black edition (Which I have). I can almost guarantee thats the catch to replacing your gopro, gimbal and quad in the event it flys away or crashes. I will bet any money says 3DR will replace your gopro with the cheap $130 model even if you had a $500 gopro black edition on it. Plus, the "GoPro HERO" is actually a little bit bigger than than 4 black edition so the gimbal is probably not compatible. Just something to note. If thats not the case 3DR needs to relabel their specs information because its very misleading and Im sure not too many people will catch on to that. Cheers!

So lets turn this around. At least 3DR is offering you something........DJI on the other hand offers you Zero

Reactions: EnronCEO
The Solo looks great on paper except for being burdened by an inferior GoPro camera with the fisheye effect. I own a GP4black and a P3 and the P3 is a much better camera for AP. The Solo is about twice as much with gimbal and camera as the P3A and almost $500 more than the P3P. Also, the range on the Solo is advertised to be a mere fraction of the real world proven range of the P3. I think that 3DR is late to the market and DJI has leap frogged them in terms of price and capability.
The Solo is just overpriced vaporware at this point. Let's see how many problems they have and how it performs when it's actually out.

I would be afraid that 3DR will fail miserably with the Solo and be out of business. Hard to get warranty service from a Bankrupt company

Reactions: EnronCEO
The biggest difference between the P3 and the Solo is, you can buy a P3 and fly it. You still can't get a Solo and no idea when.

The biggest difference between the P3 and the Solo is, you can buy a P3 and fly it. You still can't get a Solo and no idea when.
Should ship in two weeks but gimbal might be delayed. 3dr has not said the gimbal ie delayed but we are guessing it might be.

I will bet any money says 3DR will replace your gopro with the cheap $130 model even if you had a $500 gopro black edition on it. Plus, the "GoPro HERO" is actually a little bit bigger than than 4 black edition so the gimbal is probably not compatible. Just something to note. If that's not the case 3DR needs to relabel their specs information because its very misleading and I'm sure not too many people will catch on to that. Cheers!

Well they are claiming that the software not only can tell that that you did indeed have a gopro on it if it ever had a flyaway or crash that was not from user error it also knows what model go pro you had hooked up to it. and with other 3dr products that have warranty they have not tried to cheese any one out on it. and actually do stand behind there products and warranty. The process is even pretty much automated and if the controller and the app thinks some thing went wrong it even pops up a window asking if you want to file and incident report and it sends the flight data logs to them and with in a few hours they are in touch with the person to make arrangements for shipping out a replacement. Unlike another big co that sells drones that is so big and arrogant and comes with an almost non existent warranty that seems to end the second there is a fly way or a crash not do to pilot error. But will say they are sorry to hear of some ones troubles. BUT will offer you a a small token discount if you want to buy another one.

One real good thing I see coming about as a result of the 3drs is that another drone co will have to realize that they might not be the only game in town if some one wants a nice quad and might start trying to actually compete with them and try to match them in serves quality and also get them from getting to inflated of a price point and also might keep there egos in check a bit. Ware as before they sort of knew they didn't have to do any of that.

But intill the solo is out its going to be hard to see if it lives up to all the stuff its promising to be and able to do. Tho I dont see a co offering a great warranty even having any thing to do with causing a co to go out of business considering that's whats going to cause so many of them to be sold just on that alone and they should not have to replace that many and any that they do will be off set by the fact that no co is going to not make improvements if for some reason a product starts having a high failure rate that the co has to keep replacing or fixing. I know with a few products that I make that basicly come with a no ?s asked warranty that it forces me to make sure I put out the best product i can and also use the best components. So that I dont ever have to deal with many warranty issues poping up. and any time any start to have a bunch of the same item needing fixing always makes me start to see why that is and to make changes to any new ones to eliminate the same problem happening at an unexceptionable rate.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Well they are claiming that the software not only can tell that that you did indeed have a gopro on it if it ever had a flyaway or crash that was not from user error it also knows what model go pro you had hooked up to it. and with other 3dr products that have warranty they have not tried to cheese any one out on it. and actually do stand behind there products and warranty. The process is even pretty much automated and if the controller and the app thinks some thing went wrong it even pops up a window asking if you want to file and incident report and it sends the flight data logs to them and with in a few hours they are in touch with the person to make arrangements for shipping out a replacement. Unlike another big co that sells drones that is so big and arrogant and comes with an almost non existent warranty that seems to end the second there is a fly way or a crash not do to pilot error. But will say they are sorry to hear of some ones troubles. BUT will offer you a a small token discount if you want to buy another one.

One real good thing I see coming about as a result of the 3drs is that another drone co will have to realize that they might not be the only game in town if some one wants a nice quad and might start trying to actually compete with them and try to match them in serves quality and also get them from getting to inflated of a price point and also might keep there egos in check a bit. Ware as before they sort of knew they didn't have to do any of that.

But intill the solo is out its going to be hard to see if it lives up to all the stuff its promising to be and able to do. Tho I dont see a co offering a great warranty even having any thing to do with causing a co to go out of business considering that's whats going to cause so many of them to be sold just on that alone and they should not have to replace that many and any that they do will be off set by the fact that no co is going to not make improvements if for some reason a product starts having a high failure rate that the co has to keep replacing or fixing. I know with a few products that I make that basicly come with a no ?s asked warranty that it forces me to make sure I put out the best product i can and also use the best components. So that I dont ever have to deal with many warranty issues poping up. and any time any start to have a bunch of the same item needing fixing always makes me start to see why that is and to make changes to any new ones to eliminate the same problem happening at an unexceptionable rate.

Excellent point, they will know what type of GP you have been using, they'll even know the serial number on it

I flew a Solo the other day with Colin Guinn, formerly of DJI, when he was in Atlanta the other day. I own a P2V+ V. 1. And I love it except for my one bad battery. Solo is very, very smart. Much more functional for shooting great video via automated orbit and a cable settings. 3DR partnered with gopro to allow full function of camera from controller. I've flown the Inspire and liked it ok. I would buy a Solo before an Inspire in my opinion. If you are lucky enough to own a P3 you done good too. Hoping my company will be buying a Solo for work. Then I've got the best of both worlds.

I flew a Solo the other day with Colin Guinn, formerly of DJI, when he was in Atlanta the other day. I own a P2V+ V. 1. And I love it except for my one bad battery. Solo is very, very smart. Much more functional for shooting great video via automated orbit and a cable settings. 3DR partnered with gopro to allow full function of camera from controller. I've flown the Inspire and liked it ok. I would buy a Solo before an Inspire in my opinion. If you are lucky enough to own a P3 you done good too. Hoping my company will be buying a Solo for work. Then I've got the best of both worlds.
So what are your thoughts on the Solo vs P3 debate?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic