3d printable files for P4

some Chinese manufacturer will get their hands on it and try to rip us all off
Considering the amount of time it takes to print parts, it's a no-brainer most times for people to buy them rather than buy a 3D printer, learn how to use it, invest the time in printing, etc. For example, the maker of these motor caps says it takes about 65 minutes to print one. So, it'll take a little over 4 hours to print a set. There are many people selling printed sets for $5-$10 shipped.

Reactions: Cale262
I just wanted to condense P4 3d files into one thread. I hope we can all contribute.

Otherwise, what happens is some Chinese manufacturer will get their hands on it and try to rip us all off.

I'll start off with the motor caps
DJI Phantom 4 Motor Cap by jonbunker

Hopefully everyone can contribute
Dang man. Nice idea. I want to contribute but I gots nada. I can go try to figure out where to get something. I'm resourceful.

I need battery covers meeting two objectives:
1. It seals the contacts
2. It doesn't allow battery to turn on

I thought we are sharing 3D print files here.

Reactions: eyecon82
I just wanted to condense P4 3d files into one thread. I hope we can all contribute.

I'll start off with the motor caps
DJI Phantom 4 Motor Cap by jonbunker

Hopefully everyone can contribute

Turned out great.

upload_2016-4-16_16-10-12.png

Nah it won't for the phantom case.

This is for when I use my GoProf case

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm sure it would work fine in my GPC backpack if I adapted the foam to fit the P4. So far I've removed the P2/P3 foam and put the P4 case inside the backpack and that works. I guess in that case I don't need motor caps.

Considering the amount of time it takes to print parts, it's a no-brainer most times for people to buy them rather than buy a 3D printer, learn how to use it, invest the time in printing, etc. For example, the maker of these motor caps says it takes about 65 minutes to print one. So, it'll take a little over 4 hours to print a set. There are many people selling printed sets for $5-$10 shipped.

i dont want to beat a dead horse here, but if you have a 3d printer. 4 hours is way faster than the post office and saves the environment and resources of the Post having to ship and deliver. i don't really think anyone is going to rush out and buy a 3d printer to print out a charger cover ;)

you could also scale these up a bit to fit on your charger.
have you figured out what percentage to scale it to so they fit the charger? I went through quite a bit of trial and error with the motor caps to fit just right.

And thanks for finding those battery covers! In fact, I did order 3 from msinger, but already lost 2 of them....haha, now i can just print them again and change the colors so i can find them.

I also found this gimbal guard that works well.....printed it in 3d filament so i can find it if i lose it at night.

i usually use glow in the dark or UV filament, so i can find them ;) , i dont remember what i scaled it to, might be in my slicer logs. ill check when i get home.

have you figured out what percentage to scale it to so they fit the charger? I went through quite a bit of trial and error with the motor caps to fit just right.

And thanks for finding those battery covers! In fact, I did order 3 from msinger, but already lost 2 of them....haha, now i can just print them again and change the colors so i can find them.

I also found this gimbal guard that works well.....printed it in 3d filament so i can find it if i lose it at night.

no problem at all, i really believe in the maker community and open source and not wasting resources. I think that's why msinger touched a nerve. just call a spade a spade and say they want to generate traffic or revenue , not use logical fallacies to tip toe around the subject.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen