Bought a couple of accessories for my P4P..

Reaction score
So I bought a set of PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid Filters (3-pack), ND4/pl, ND8/pl and ND16/pl. A small basic set but I think they'll cover my filter needs. Rather disappointed a lens cap of some sort is not included - I mean, it wouldn't be an expensive add-on for the manufacturer to supply but for the average owner a bit difficult to source. Yes, I know they sell a complete gimbal support + cover but I just wanted a lens cap. I could have 3D printed one but in the end just machined one from Delrin rod on my lathe. Sorted.

The second item was a display shade (currently using my iPhone 8 Plus). Now I've a couple before and not been impressed by them - one for my iPad Air and a different one for the iPhone. I liked the look of the Hoodman series but they are a bit expensive for what they are and not readily available in the UK. Whatever, I saw this 'clone' of the Hoodman going cheap on Amazon and thought I'd try it. It seems to work pretty well, more effective than the previous shades I had, but not without drawbacks. First, it's a tad on the small side - despite being advertised as suitable for a 7 Plus (same size as my 8 Plus), but you can see all you need to I guess. Secondly, the slot for reaching in with a finger to operate the display is also a bit small for my large mits but again, I can cope with that. Thirdly - and more of a problem - the elastic straps wrap around the phone over the top of the power and volume setting buttons. With the straps tightened the (+) volume button is depressed constantly without a lot of delicate adjustments. I've got a cunning plan to fix that problem (a 3D Printed angled cover for the bottom edge that goes over the buttons). Finally, the name printed on the cover is SunnyLife - sounds more like orange juice :)

The SunnyLife shade:

Space is a bit tight but you can see all you need to:

A bit of a stretch to get your fingers up into the corners of the screen:

One of the elastic straps lies directly over the Power and Volume control buttons:

...which results in the volume up being activated:

(could be worse - the phone could have been powered off!)

Anyway, those caveats aside I'm quite pleased with this shade, especially at the price.
Oh, I bought it off AmazonUK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072C346JV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.