32 Channel Hack

Yup for real, here is the msg he sent:

There has been much discussion about the number of channels available in the current version of the app and the beta. In the current version it is possible to access 32 channels using a hack while the beta only allows 8 channels.

The 8 channel limit is enforced in the new SDK now being included in the beta release, the prior version of the SDK did not enforce the 8 channels.

Following up with DJI they have informed me that the 8 channel restriction will be enforced going forward and the change from 32 channels to 8 channels is a regulatory restriction placed on them by certain agencies in certain countries (and not wanting to have separate SDK per country or have the SDK be location aware DJI chose the most restrictive implementation).

Those still using the 32 channel hack and using the GP app to change channels into the higher ranges can expect those to be blocked as contacts at DJI have told me future firmware will enforce the 8 channel restrictions and that the hack will stop working at some point in the future (no specifics).
I hope you're wrong because operating on a particular channel, that I'm allowed to operate on, made my P4 have advertised range.

I wonder if it will be against any policy for a third party app would be able to implement the option. They do have open software.

The problem is DJI has put it into their current sdk, which the third party apps need to develop for the phantom series.

Trying to change the channel on my P3 Standard but can't find the menu in the DJI GO app anywhere. Anyone able to help?

Trying to change the channel on my P3 Standard but can't find the menu in the DJI GO app anywhere. Anyone able to help?
We wouldn't know here in the P4 section. You need to post this in the phantom 3 standard section of the forum. The go app is different for the standard.

Last edited:
For real?!? That blows and my HAM radio license, I think, allows me to operate on the upper ranges. I think anyway. Damnit!
Litchi uses 31 channels with auto select so I'll just have to start using it for my long range flights. Hopefully it will still work .

Reactions: Jussaguy
Litchi uses 31 channels with auto select so I'll just have to start using it for my long range flights. Hopefully it will still work .
Yeah, I've been a beta tester for them for months. I'd like to start it up. Does DJI cover warranty if using that though? Not that I've ever been or want to but I'm sure every person that needed it thought that.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Yeah, I've been a beta tester for them for months. I'd like to start it up. Does DJI cover warranty if using that though? Not that I've ever been or want to but I'm sure every person that needed it thought that.
I believe the warranty is still good as long as it's not the 3rd party's app fault for the crash.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The channel shows in the app (android verstion 2.8.1) but it is quite buggy.. it seems to give an error when changing channels. but sometimes it stays on selected channel. Also what could be better is the view of the channel strength bars. They are very tiny on a 8.9 inch tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S). will need to check in real flight mode what it does.

After uploading the file I have more channels but auto/custom cannot be changed, pressing custom does nothing and pressing auto briefly goes blue.
Any thoughts..
P4 - 3 days old iPad air2 for tablet

After uploading the file I have more channels but auto/custom cannot be changed, pressing custom does nothing and pressing auto briefly goes blue.
Any thoughts..
P4 - 3 days old iPad air2 for tablet
Your phantom must be powered up for the custom to work.

I can confirm that the hack works on my new P4 with current firmware/appware. WIth the bird powered on, the controller powered on and connected to my Samsung tablet, after the hack I have 32 channels

I can confirm with everything switched on you cannot select custom
Interesting, I am using the same set up as you and have no problems using the 32 channels with all my birds. Did you get a good working hack file?
Perhaps uninstalling the Go app and reinstalling may help. Be sure the .dji.configs file is placed directly in the root directory of the go app using ITunes. Hope you get it sorted out. BTW, I am on all the latest FW and Go app. Good luck! :cool:

likewise, but can you select custom?
Do you even see the blue box with current channel just under the custom section? If you do just tap on that and you will be able to choose the channel you want.

Do you even see the blue box with current channel just under the custom section? If you do just tap on that and you will be able to choose the channel you want.
I will grab a screen shot, but essentially, I can see all the 32 channels and auto/custom above them
pressing auto does nothing (its blue) pressing custom does nothing.
Im not that bothered, will the device use all 32 in auto as they are there as opposed to the 8 it had before?

Seeing the channels does not mean they are all available, set a high channel under custom and see if it stays there under custom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31