30 FPS or 60 FPS?

Reaction score
Quick question. When I'm recording in 1080 at 60 FPS it seems grainy and when I set it to 30 FPS it is much clearer and brighter. I know it has to do with ISO and other adjustments but it just seems to me you should be getting more (faster video) out of 60 compared to 30 but it doesn't seem that way to me, can someone explain this to me....

That depends on the light available arround you...

When we use 60fps, the exposure meter will need 1/60s as the minimum speed for each frame.
When we use 30fps, the exposure meter will need 1/30s as the minimum speed for each frame.

When the available light was strong enough (i.e clear daylight), 1/60s wouldn't be problem, because exposure meter calculation would easyly resulting high speed 1/500s or above, even when the ISO was minimum at 100.
But when the available light was lit (i.e dawn, night, or cloudy), the exposure meter hardly get the required minimum speed as mentioned above. That's why the other work arround is using higher ISO to keep the speed as required. And we are all know, higher ISO = higher grain/noise.

Sent from my X89 Kindow(D5N3) using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1