3/5 Updated Autopilot firmware v3.12 released

Re: STICKY: Phantom Vision v3.0 Update 4/06: No-Fly Zones Ad

pilot said:
phantomguy said:
did you ever fix this issue or find out what caused it?

I did not check it out at that moment but took it for a flight the same day ( far a way from home/Airport ) with no issues.

what confused me more than getting only 5 satellites is why i'm getting then (GPS signal) when i'm in my room under a concrete roof.

i just powered it up and no issue or Airport restriction massage :cool:

GPS Radio signal do have some penetration into buildings. I can get a GPS signal from inside my room and other areas of my home so this is really not all that unusual. Though what is strange to see any airport message at all if you're running the pre version 3.0 firmware. The app can not control if you can and can not take off, that limitation can only be controlled by the Phantom itself.

BenDronePilot said:
Though what is strange to see any airport message at all if you're running the pre version 3.0 firmware. The app can not control if you can and can not take off, that limitation can only be controlled by the Phantom itself.

I'm sure that i'm running an old version as i bought the P2V few weeks before releasing the v3.0 :!:

If i got the time today i'll connect the P2V to PC to see which version it has :geek:

Someone posted in a different thread how to downgrade from 3.0 firmware to an earlier version but I cannot find it again. Would someone post a link or copy the instructions to this thread? Thanks.

MikeySoft said:
Someone posted in a different thread how to downgrade from 3.0 firmware to an earlier version but I cannot find it again. Would someone post a link or copy the instructions to this thread? Thanks.

It is simply a matter of installing the previous assistant software, 1.08 or even 2.0. You then go to the upgrade area in the app and you will notice there things you can click on to reflash those firmwares, you will need to power cycle your Phantom after each one. The v2 assistant software is available on DJI website, if you would prefer the one without the geofense option (which has editable distance limits) then use 1.08. Gunslinger has it on his website.

Just got the P2V+ with firmware 3.0. The power up tones are different where the last 3 beeps at constant pitch are no longer there. I wonder if this is a version 3.0 thing and not a P2V+ thing?

I've just noticed that the DJI Android app has updated to version 1.0.40. I can't see any references to this on the DJI website. Anyone know if it's a significant change?

Ffwrnais said:
I've just noticed that the DJI Android app has updated to version 1.0.40. I can't see any references to this on the DJI website. Anyone know if it's a significant change?
I think they fixed a bug where the app would hang when used with non version 3.0 firmware.

Ffwrnais said:

Very significant. They fixed the "slow video feed" problem that cropped up with 1.0.39. I've tested this and it works fine.

-slinger

pilot said:
fxiu.jpg

Why the wifi extender icon showing without the percentage ?

Checked it on both iPhone and android , no percentage

gpauk said:
The extender battery % is for PV+ only, not PV.

Thought that DJI still counting the old platforms customers as a living people with needs for some nice updates like this one :lol:

Thanks for the info.

pilot said:
gpauk said:
The extender battery % is for PV+ only, not PV.

Thought that DJI still counting the old platforms customers as a living people with needs for some nice updates like this one :lol:

Thanks for the info.

You have to be optimistic! :D

So to be clear, if I upgrade to firmware 3.0 the freezing of the MAC app will go away?

Hi there

I have a question regarding to update at the latest version (3.0).

If I´m still flying with version 2.0 and up to now I have not have any flight issues, ¿ should I have to upgrade to 3.0 version?

which advantages brings to go higher? despite off airport restrictions?

thanks for your time

Regards

DJIp2v said:
Hi there

I have a question regarding to update at the latest version (3.0).

If I´m still flying with version 2.0 and up to now I have not have any flight issues, ¿ should I have to upgrade to 3.0 version?

which advantages brings to go higher? despite off airport restrictions?

thanks for your time

Regards

You don't need to upgrade to version 3. It doesn't really bring anything new to the table of any concern other than gimping your aircraft with flight restrictions. In fact more people have been reporting their Phantom flys smoother with v2 and the one just prior than the v3 software.

Diner21959 said:
So to be clear, if I upgrade to firmware 3.0 the freezing of the MAC app will go away?

FWIW, I use a Mac. I have had no issues with the 3.0 software. The 2.0 worked fine for me as well.

Unfortunately for me, my app 1.0.37 consitantly freezes after only getting out anywhere from 100' - 1200'.

Diner21959 said:
Unfortunately for me, my app 1.0.37 consitantly freezes after only getting out anywhere from 100' - 1200'.

When you say it "freezes"do you mean that the picture freezes or do you see a message on the screen?

I've flown mine out to about 1,200 feet with no loss of WiFi. That's far enough for me ;)

The app freezes... I have to back out of the app completely and restart it, every time making certain I have a connection. On all instances I've had to resort to the IOC "home" function because I got disorientated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic