20% low battery

Reaction score
Dear all, i set my p3p to alert me on 20% battery level, when it hit this level the bird becomes unstable for about 3-5 second and start to landing without my intervention, then it stablize again and everything went as usual, this happened fortunately when my bird was at very low level to the ground, but what if this happened at more altitude ??? any suggestion !!!

Last edited:
I would suggest, setting the low batter warning to 30 percent and always try to land it before it reaches that mark. To push it down to critical is pushing up the odds of a major landing issue and compromising the long term integrity of the batter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckaye
I would suggest, setting the low batter warning to 30 percent and always try to land it before it reaches that mark. To push it down to critical is pushing up the odds of a major landing issue and compromising the lantern integrity of the batter.

+1 Totally agree with this philosophy - it's the people who are always trying to squeeze the extra 3 mins out of the Phantom then end up making the videos of themselves running into a river or lake trying to catch the bird before it hits the water LOL :)

Reactions: bobmyers
The 30% alert is a good heads up. It doesn't mean you need to return immediately but it allows you time to consider your options.

Hi. I squeezed my first low battery warning to 25%. I just wanted that little extra. So far so good no instability problems. I won't attempt to go lower. I will say I don't do long flights so I will always be able to get the craft back before it goes to critical and lands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31