2 quick questions

P-GPS mode uses both - Barometer and GPS together.

Using both, gives position and altitude hold as long as there is over 6 sata..

Haha... I was thinking the same. Ignorance really is bliss for some. So, I'll just leave it at that with you ;)

lol now I know what I'm talking about, you call me ignorant..

Ok, it's a good job I like you haha!

When I first started to post on this forum you helped me a few times...

I call that "schooling" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

lol now I know what I'm talking about, you call me ignorant
You made some valid points. I was only adding onto what you posted above. The OP cannot just flip the flight mode to ATTI and think Bob's his uncle ;)

You made some valid points. I was only adding onto what you posted above. The OP cannot just flip the flight mode to ATTI and think Bob's his uncle ;)

Oh of course not.

But even thinking of flying in doors without knowing the steps and full controls could lead to injury, regardless of flight mode.

Which is why I said ATTI mode would be the only option in doors due to poor GPS, ATTI would require full stick movement at all times because he cant rely on GPS to hold position, so regardless he would still have to guide the quad in doors because of prop wash, wind bouncing of walls, ground etc etc...

I hope people have read this thread carefully, there's some great points we have spoke about.

This disagreement is entertaining, but you both know your jousting for a guy that's had a phantom since December, and hasn't flown it yet?

Reactions: jbe420
When you do fly indoors change rth to hovering could help when your ready

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: msinger
I didn't expect such a complete discussion. lol
I want to thank off of you for your answers.

The reason I was going to practice indoors is because even though this winter has been fairly uneventful here, the wind still kicks up, and it still gets too cold. The sportstplex is more like an airplane hangar, all walls are protected by high nets, and I have permission to use it when it's empty, which is more than I can say about a lot of the outdoor areas near me. That's why I though it would a good place to just practice 'getting the feel' of the controls in a protected location. I won't attempt to RTH.

I had a couple of Parrot A.R. drones in the past, and although they were more like toys and had lots of trouble fighting a small breeze, they taught me to be sensitive to the fact that flying Phantoms needs to be done right and to know it's limitations. And I want to verify my abilities with the Phantom 3S before risking losing it.

Again thank you all for a spirited discussion. :)

Last edited:
I didn't expect such a complete discussion. lol
I want to thank off of you for your answers.

The reason I was going to practice indoors is because even though this winter has been fairly uneventful here, the wind still kicks up, and it still gets too cold. The sporstplex is more like an airplane hangar, and all walls are protected by high nets, and I have permission to use it when it's empty, which is more than I can say about a lot of the outdoor areas near me, so I though it would a good place to just practice 'getting the feel' of the controls in a protected location. I won't attempt to RTH.

I had a couple of Parrot A.R. drones in the past, and although they were more like toys and had lots of trouble fighting a small breeze, but they taught me to be sensitive to the fact that flying needs to be done right! So I want to verify my abilities with the Phantom 3S before risking losing it.

Again thank you all for a spirited discussion. :)
We have pilots that have never flown any kind of drone, get their phantom and without reading any manual or watching any sort of video, fly it within a couple of hours of getting it. Unfortunately, they are on here very soon to ask about how to fix this or that, or asking why their drone acts strange, or something. You are the other end of that spectrum. I would not apologize for going about it the way you are.

Buford, thanks for your comment. And just for the record, I have read the manual and printed/laminated the checklist. As a result of this thread, when I do take the Phantom to the 'dome' I intend to set the max altitude at 20-25 ft, fly atti, and just try to get comfortable with the whole setup, including the controls when it's heading in different directions. And FWIW I've added prop guards (and a gimble guard), and will keep the prop guards on until I'm satisfied that I'm proficient, although I understand they can cause problems fighting a wind.

Buford, thanks for your comment. And just for the record, I have read the manual and printed/laminated the checklist. As a result of this thread, when I do take the Phantom to the 'dome' I intend to set the max altitude at 20-25 ft, fly atti, and just try to get comfortable with the whole setup, including the controls when it's heading in different directions. And FWIW I've added prop guards (and a gimble guard), and will keep the prop guards on until I'm satisfied that I'm proficient, although I understand they can cause problems fighting a wind.[/QUOT
I have em, but don't use em very often. Just when there might be people around like the beach or something. And you are certainly taking it slow and easy I'll have to say. Good luck with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik