2 important questions

Reaction score
Hi everyone

1. If your using ground station app to run a route of some waypoints and then come back home, does the phantom need communication with the controller/wifi unit or is the programmed route stored in the phantom. I hope that makes sense.

2. If your flying in GPS mode and you switch to Atti mode and then back to GPS mode what happens with the satellites? does it have to reaquire all of the satellites over again or was it still connected to them when you switched to Atti and it just didn't use them so they would be instantly available when switched back on? again I hope this makes sense.

I have many more questions but this site and a few other searches answered all of them except for these 2. so if they have been answered elsewhere a million times I am sorry for not finding those posts. thanks for any information you can provide.

I can only answer #2 as I don't have GS. You will not drop any Sats, you are just not using them in Atti mode. Once you switch back to GPS you are using all the Sats again, no delays.

1. Do you mean the real "Ground Station" application on a laptop, or the Ground Station feature in the Vision app on your FPV device? I can speak to the later. I *believe* it works the same for the real Ground Station app, but I don't use that setup so I can't say with 100% certainty. But with the Ground Station feature in the Vision app, all the waypoints are stored to the Phantom, and once the mission is started, it does NOT need further communication with the RC. Your waypoints can be well beyond your usual range, losing contact, and the Phantom won't care and still follow the mission. I do believe you can even switch off the TX if you wanted (not recommended). Of course, if you've sent it out of range there's no way to abort the mission should you need to. Again, pretty sure the full Ground Station works the same way, but not sure.

2. PhantomPhreak is absolutely correct. The GPS is still on, and retains it's locks, so when you switch back from ATTI (or you lose contact and RTH is initiated), the locks are immediately still there. A reason to always wait for the full start up sequence, including GPS lock and home position, before taking off.

ProfessorStein said:
1. Do you mean the real "Ground Station" application on a laptop, or the Ground Station feature in the Vision app on your FPV device? I can speak to the later. I *believe* it works the same for the real Ground Station app, but I don't use that setup so I can't say with 100% certainty. But with the Ground Station feature in the Vision app, all the waypoints are stored to the Phantom, and once the mission is started, it does NOT need further communication with the RC. Your waypoints can be well beyond your usual range, losing contact, and the Phantom won't care and still follow the mission. I do believe you can even switch off the TX if you wanted (not recommended). Of course, if you've sent it out of range there's no way to abort the mission should you need to. Again, pretty sure the full Ground Station works the same way, but not sure.

2. PhantomPhreak is absolutely correct. The GPS is still on, and retains it's locks, so when you switch back from ATTI (or you lose contact and RTH is initiated), the locks are immediately still there. A reason to always wait for the full start up sequence, including GPS lock and home position, before taking off.
Your point 1. For the full GS is correct.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Thanks a lot guys for the great info. And yes I meant the app for iOS not the PC version. I think you need university just to figure out the PC GS.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl