2.7k AT 60MBPS

Reaction score
I looked at comparisons of the videos taken by cameras recording 4k at 60mbps. There are usually compression artifacts when filming foliage.
2.7K at 60mbps seems to be the sweet spot - and gopro hero 4 black in medium FOV seems to record the best.
I have seen posts in various places from Phantom 3 users that an earlier firmware update changed the bitrate to 60mbps.

Could someone kindly record a small file and check the bitrate at 2.7K ?
I figure that if I am going to record anyway the Phantom 3 would provide the best value with the included gimbal.

a. use the free VLC video player which includes a video statistics page that will show you the bitrate in real-time as you are watching it
b. Bitrate Viewer - Main Page
c. The easy way is to use MediaInfo. Once it's installed, you can right click on a video file, then click MediaInfo

Please state the model of your Phantom, the video resolution (2.7k 24p/25p/30p etc. and the firmware version so we can confirm that bitrate.

I looked at comparisons of the videos taken by cameras recording 4k at 60mbps. There are usually compression artifacts when filming foliage.
2.7K at 60mbps seems to be the sweet spot - and gopro hero 4 black in medium FOV seems to record the best.
I have seen posts in various places from Phantom 3 users that an earlier firmware update changed the bitrate to 60mbps.

Could someone kindly record a small file and check the bitrate at 2.7K ?
I figure that if I am going to record anyway the Phantom 3 would provide the best value with the included gimbal.

a. use the free VLC video player which includes a video statistics page that will show you the bitrate in real-time as you are watching it
b. Bitrate Viewer - Main Page
c. The easy way is to use MediaInfo. Once it's installed, you can right click on a video file, then click MediaInfo

Please state the model of your Phantom, the video resolution (2.7k 24p/25p/30p etc. and the firmware version so we can confirm that bitrate.
Does this help? I didn't put it together, but it has been posted here many times.

IMG_6673.JPG

This chart uses the advertised 40mbps in its calculations.
I saw a post stating that the bitrate was updated to 60mbps. I can't find that post anymore.
If this is true, then we have a bitrate comparable to the hero 4 black in 2.7k mode. Not sure which of the phantom models this is true for.

The current info is that the Dji models records in 45mbps in 2.7k in all its current 4k cameras.

I refer to your own post that referenced these :-

Firmware 1.5 Increased video bit rate

Change of video bitrate in P3A fw 1.5.3

60mbps for 1080p60
Bit Rate differences

Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post has FAQ - Page 2993 - RC Groups

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic