2.7 k is the sweet spot!

Reaction score
I was looking at my footage at home on my UHD 4k tv - the 2.7k looks amazing. I think its the sweet spot for Bit rate vs resolution. 4k is nice but a little bit under "bit rated" at 60mbs.

I reckon i will be shooting 2.7k going forwards.

Reactions: Ron Davis
can always turn down the settings for 4k to maximize that bit rate, then do color grading in post to bring it to life.

"turn down the settings" -? what does that mean - use less color to preserve data / avoid macroblocking perhaps? Does that actually work?

I regularly shoot in 2.7 and have found it much more enjoyable experience all around. 4k is nice when needed but 2.7 is very nice in most cases.....like 99.9%.

Unless you have the post editing equipment to handle 4k properly....then go with 2.7 you'll be very happy still.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I regularly shoot in 2.7 and have found it much more enjoyable experience all around. 4k is nice when needed but 2.7 is very nice in most cases.....like 99.9%.

Unless you have the post editing equipment to handle 4k properly....then go with 2.7 you'll be very happy still.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Same here, I am still testing and for me 2.7 is a managable file size vs image quality.

If you uprez the h.264 to a useable codec,you won't have the processing power.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For Folks on a windows platform, you can use Cliptoolz to trans code to HNxHD for editing . It will create a HUGE file by it will be easier on you editor. When you are done you render to a delivery codec and you can delete the huge file.

I agree with the 2k7. It crams down nicely to 1080p in post, and images from it are quite usable for newspaper publishing.

I have three videos on Youtube, all filmed in 2.7K. On my tv they are fantastic but when uploading them they lose some quality...I guess from Youtube compression algorithm.
They are "Top of the world by drone", "Hancock Pass by Drone", "American Flag by drone".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic