2.1 mile distance flights and how I do it

Shartzilla said:
tizzl10 said:
the point is the distance, Einstein. I never said the video was at all interesting. Troll elsewhere, buddy.

What is the point of the distance Tupperware pilot guy?

Why should people think it is interesting?

Stop dodging already with the troll comment.

p.s not your buddy.

Shartzilla, I find this setup to be very interesting.

In fact, I think you'll find it hugely interesting and popular to board members here by these 3 threads and the thread activity.

562 posts
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12712

346 posts
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9092

861 posts
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9993

Total combined of 1769 posts. How is there not an interest?

If this does not interest you, why not simply move to another thread that interest you?

You clearly are not interested in, so it begs the question on your purpose of antagonizing tizzl10. Is it your intent to start a **** fight?

Tizzl10, thanks for posting and sharing.

yawnalot29 said:
Shartzilla said:
tizzl10 said:
the point is the distance, Einstein. I never said the video was at all interesting. Troll elsewhere, buddy.

What is the point of the distance Tupperware pilot guy?

Why should people think it is interesting?

Stop dodging already with the troll comment.

p.s not your buddy.

Shartzilla, I find this setup to be very interesting. Judging by responds, many others find it interesting. In fact, I think you'll find it hugely interesting and popular to board members here by these 3 threads and the thread activity. If this does not interest you, perhaps it would be better off to move along. Any purpose / reason to antagonize tizzle10 here? Is the purpose to start a **** fight?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12712

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9092

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9993

Tizzl10, thanks for posting and sharing.

thanks..no problem, yawnalot..just trying to help folks get the best range with a simple, portable setup. not trying to win any video contests here lol.

yawnalot29 said:
tizzl10 said:
thanks..no problem, yawnalot..just trying to help folks get the best range with a simple, portable setup. not trying to win any video contests here lol.

Are you doing anything else to extend the FPV other then the app? Have you see this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17704[/quote]

I haven't really been following that thread, however I was able to ssh into the wifi repeater today and change the default transmit power from the wifi extender to the phantom. I was able to reach my 10k ft distance, however I had more dropouts than without modifying the transmit power from 12dbm to 27dbm. I have to play around with it more. going to explore the other thread now.

Thanks, tizzl10. This is an amazing post, and we thank you all for this.
2 questions.

1. It seems that the only thing you have done for the video side is the booster app.
This video is from the camera with flytrex data added later.
How did this look to you on your phone as you are flying? Was FPV clear without dropouts? I don't see others being able to have FPV for this far.

2. I understand Long distance flight is usually done like this at 600 feet. Perhaps when you have a chance you can see what distance you would have clear FPV if you were flying at 200 feet.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this.

PhantomRock said:
Thanks, tizzl10. This is an amazing post, and we thank you all for this.
2 questions.

1. It seems that the only thing you have done for the video side is the booster app.
This video is from the camera with flytrex data added later.
How did this look to you on your phone as you are flying? Was FPV clear without dropouts? I don't see others being able to have FPV for this far.

2. I understand Long distance flight is usually done like this at 600 feet. Perhaps when you have a chance you can see what distance you would have clear FPV if you were flying at 200 feet.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this.

1. thanks for your question phantomrock. flying at these distances with my particular setup requires fairly good pointing angles for the 2.4 FPV link. I had a couple of dropouts but quickly regained connection once my pointing angles were good. keep in mind the 2.4ghz link requires better pointing than the 5.8ghz control link.

2. you wont get these distances flying at such a low altitude unless the line of sight is unobstructed with trees or ground elevation.

Hey tizzl10.
I like Dashware for extra information on your video.
Where did you get the telemetry (gps, speed, etc) information to sync with the video?
Regards

brunofcampos said:
Hey tizzl10.
I like Dashware for extra information on your video.
Where did you get the telemetry (gps, speed, etc) information to sync with the video?
Regards
Flytrex.com

Shartzilla said:
Why? What's the goal here?

It would be cool if you were able to capture interesting video along the way but slow flying super boring video over mundane territory begs the question.

What's the point other than putting viewers to sleep?

It would be cool if you had something interesting to add to the conversation but, since you don't appear to understand the excitement of remote controlling an aircraft over long distances via FPV, I am forced to ask:

What's the point of your post other than putting readers to sleep?

Now i have a question.
You say its a stock V+.
I got the " max distance " screen today and thats about 2km from staring point.
How can it be that you seem to go 4km ?
What software version are you using on your V+?

ToThePoint said:
Now i have a question.
You say its a stock V+.

The "max distance" is because you reached your geofence limit. You can increase this in the Assistant.

Dirty Bird said:
ToThePoint said:
Now i have a question.
You say its a stock V+.

The "max distance" is because you reached your geofence limit. You can increase this in the Assistant.

Right, **** your smart ! And i am a deluded old fart again.
I have to do a other test then to see what the home brewed 5.8g omni directional 16bdi antenna does.

Awesome information. Thanks for sharing. I would love to be able to upgrade but not confident in my ability to install the parts and I am not very tech savy when it comes to the jargon you all use when describing some of the terms. Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl