Zenmuse Problem

UFOwiththeGoPro, I, too, had this problem and found that the SEQUENCE matters when doing the calibration of the gimbal switch. B & H did NOT know this when I inquired and were going to have me send the entire package back. It was this forum and information about this and doing upgrades that had solved the problem for me and I hope will for others, too.

Jezabel said:
UFOwiththeGoPro, I, too, had this problem and found that the SEQUENCE matters when doing the calibration of the gimbal switch. B & H did NOT know this when I inquired and were going to have me send the entire package back. It was this forum and information about this and doing upgrades that had solved the problem for me and I hope will for others, too.

Do you know the sequence or where I can find the information? Was yours not showing up in the Assistant Software too?

Strange your not getting power to the gimbal, I guess you can eliminate the gimbal and start looking elsewhere. Board maybe torn cable which I'm sure you checked. Or send the whole package back to BH and get a new one.

Austo87 said:
I was told my a retailer tech support to have the gimbal "on-off" switch set to "off". You only turn it "on" if you're using a 3rd party gimbal, other than Zenmuse

Oh ... Gotta turn that off when I get home then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juche1777 said:
Strange your not getting power to the gimbal, I guess you can eliminate the gimbal and start looking elsewhere. Board maybe torn cable which I'm sure you checked. Or send the whole package back to BH and get a new one.

The GoPro beeps when connecting, but Gimbal never powers up, moves, and not shown in Assistant Software.

This camera is supported?
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition

Yes gopro 3+ is definitely supported.

You could take the battery out of the gopro and see if it beeps when it is on the gimbal just to be sure the beep is coming from gimbal power or not.

Keep us posted on this.

Jezabel said:

Yes DJI and everyone is discovering that order/sequence matters! here is what I have posted before including the 4 steps that work. do them in order and do not skip anything :D

What I did wrong: I did the Firmware updates to the TX and Aircraft (main controller) in the WRONG ORDER which caused the gimbal pitch control to STOP WORKING

How I fixed it: Redid the firmware updates to the tx and aircraft in the CORRECT ORDER (steps 1 thru 4) including calibrations as follows below:

1) Plug in the remote controller with the provided usb cable and Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3) Now Plug in the aircraft with the provided usb cord and Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page.
4) After upgrade completed, calibrate the X1 channel of Main controller using PHANTOM 2 Assistant software,
then the PHANTOM 2 will work well with H3-2D.

So in conclusion....update the firmware on the transmitter first and calibrate it..........then update firmware for the aircraft (maincontroller) and calibrate it as well.

Please let us know if this works for you so we can further spread the word and extinguish this problem for good!

UFOwithaGoPro said:
Jezabel said:

Yes DJI and everyone is discovering that order/sequence matters! here is what I have posted before including the 4 steps that work. do them in order and do not skip anything :D

What I did wrong: I did the Firmware updates to the TX and Aircraft (main controller) in the WRONG ORDER which caused the gimbal pitch control to STOP WORKING

How I fixed it: Redid the firmware updates to the tx and aircraft in the CORRECT ORDER (steps 1 thru 4) including calibrations as follows below:

1) Plug in the remote controller with the provided usb cable and Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3) Now Plug in the aircraft with the provided usb cord and Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page.
4) After upgrade completed, calibrate the X1 channel of Main controller using PHANTOM 2 Assistant software,
then the PHANTOM 2 will work well with H3-2D.

So in conclusion....update the firmware on the transmitter first and calibrate it..........then update firmware for the aircraft (maincontroller) and calibrate it as well.

Please let us know if this works for you so we can further spread the word and extinguish this problem for good!

I will try it tonight and let you know, thanks!

My problem with x1 not being able to move is due to the controller. If you open up the controller you will see that the screw that is supposed to touch the cross on the control board isnt touching.. see this video [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLIHm2m90E[/youtube]

Of course do this with caution to not break the component off the board. This is if you think that your switch on the back is not touching.

stevet said:
My problem with x1 not being able to move is due to the controller. If you open up the controller you will see that the screw that is supposed to touch the cross on the control board isnt touching.. see this video [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLIHm2m90E[/youtube]

Of course do this with caution to not break the component off the board. This is if you think that your switch on the back is not touching.

Did you gimbal even turn ON or was it present in software? Mine does not even move when powered up.

What is your Gimbal IMU software version? I am having the same problem with the Gimbal just laying there while the GoPro lights up. My Gimbal IMU version is 0.0 while the current version should be 1.8, upgrade attempts fail. I bought from B&H as well and have already returned 1.

The one they sent back had the same issue. DJI support tells me you cannot get to version 1.8 (current) from 0.0

I have e-mailed B&H's aerial tech support people but have yet to hear back.

Joe

I ran through this update and below are results...

1) Plug in the remote controller with the provided usb cable and Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11. DONE, actually V1.0.1.12 now
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software. DONE
3) Now Plug in the aircraft with the provided usb cord and Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page. Gimbal is not found. Do not see on the Upgrade page
then the PHANTOM 2 will work well with H3-2D. Could not complete

GoPro also does not receive power from Zenmuse when plugged in. Tried with a low and no battery.

At this point I'm guessing its something with the main board? I looked it over and everything visually looks good (not warped capacitors, melted resistors, good cables, etc.). This really sucks...

stevet said:

So for my issue with the x1 not working or moving, this video solved it for me. I was careful not to break off the chip and raised it a tiny bit, after some trail and error i was able to get it working.

tonydotigr said:
I ran through this update and below are results...

1) Plug in the remote controller with the provided usb cable and Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11. DONE, actually V1.0.1.12 now
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software. DONE
3) Now Plug in the aircraft with the provided usb cord and Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page. Gimbal is not found. Do not see on the Upgrade page
then the PHANTOM 2 will work well with H3-2D. Could not complete

GoPro also does not receive power from Zenmuse when plugged in. Tried with a low and no battery.

At this point I'm guessing its something with the main board? I looked it over and everything visually looks good (not warped capacitors, melted resistors, good cables, etc.). This really sucks...

I am sorry about the difficulties you are having. I noticed that you did not even see the Gimbal acknowledged on the upgrades section of the software assist. I think that means your Phantom (main controller) does NOT see it either.

I would now only check one more thing really well.......the main cable plug from the aircraft to the zenmuse and if that appears to be plugged in correctly and none of those little pins were bent from previously plugging it in, and if all that appears correct...........I'd send that entire Phantom and Gimbal back too :(

I ended up shipping the entire unit back today. Almost 2 weeks for troubleshooting tried about everything. Getting a replacement.

Well on a positive note, I got to learn a lot. :)

Once I receive new unit I'll follow-up and let everyone know how it works.

tonydotigr said:
I ended up shipping the entire unit back today. Almost 2 weeks for troubleshooting tried about everything. Getting a replacement.

Well on a positive note, I got to learn a lot. :)

Once I receive new unit I'll follow-up and let everyone know how it works.

Exactly! sometimes it seems I fix them more than fly them :!:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers