Zenmuse H3-3D-3D Gimbal and SJ4000 Camera Hassles.

Reaction score
I moved this question from the Help forum to here.

Is there anyone out there that has a SJ4000 camera on a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal?
There are two problems I see so far. I haven't gotten to the video yet.
1. The camera is slightly bigger than the camera mounting place. I'm talking total 1/64 overall bigger. I can't lay it in the tray. I don't know for sure, but I think it a bit deeper too. I think with a GoPro, placed in the tray, everything will be somewhat balanced. When I try to place my camera on the tray, it sticks out a bit more. With the power off, the camera points down. I could use a counter weight on the back of the tray to balance it out, but that just adds more unwanted weight to the P2. With power on, the camera rotates up like normal. I don't know if the gimbal will wear out quicker that way.
2. The video/audio/charge port is a Micro USB. On a GoPro, I beleive the port is a Mini USB. The port is also off center. I can't just use an adapter because the ribbon cable to the camera is too short and is off center to the SJ4000 port. I had to order a very short cable between the Micro and Mini USB so it will flex. Not a very good clean install.

Ok... Anyone out there that can give me some ideas on how to make this all work?

The thing is, the H3-3D gimbal is made specifically for a GoPro camera. I have never heard of anyone using anything other than a GoPro but I am curious about any answers to this. It would be nice to have a camera alternative without using a different gimbal...

I moved this question from the Help forum to here.

Is there anyone out there that has a SJ4000 camera on a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal?
There are two problems I see so far. I haven't gotten to the video yet.
1. The camera is slightly bigger than the camera mounting place. I'm talking total 1/64 overall bigger. I can't lay it in the tray. I don't know for sure, but I think it a bit deeper too. I think with a GoPro, placed in the tray, everything will be somewhat balanced. When I try to place my camera on the tray, it sticks out a bit more. With the power off, the camera points down. I could use a counter weight on the back of the tray to balance it out, but that just adds more unwanted weight to the P2. With power on, the camera rotates up like normal. I don't know if the gimbal will wear out quicker that way.
2. The video/audio/charge port is a Micro USB. On a GoPro, I beleive the port is a Mini USB. The port is also off center. I can't just use an adapter because the ribbon cable to the camera is too short and is off center to the SJ4000 port. I had to order a very short cable between the Micro and Mini USB so it will flex. Not a very good clean install.

Ok... Anyone out there that can give me some ideas on how to make this all work?

Whatever happened to this situation?

I used one of these as a test flight. It worked fine (it was fantasic for photos 16 MP but video was bad)but the camera u r refering to is slightly bigger and will cause the gimbal to overload eventually. Also remember this, counter balancing the 3D-H3 gimbal needs 2 weights added not 1. both weights have to place in strategic places to work. I have done this to a few Gimbals which run filters and they all work fine without any extra strain.

Attachments

• 723140097552032015-05-08_09.16.46.png
    723140097552032015-05-08_09.16.46.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 685

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik