Zenmuse H3-2D motor getting hot/balance all wrong

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 suffered a minor crash, luckily it landed in some loose hay! Got home and turned everything on to make sure all is ok, unfortunately i’ve now got a problem with the Zenmuse H3-2D. After turning the Phantom on, warmed up and it does its stuff, the gimbal:

-Makes a few noises not common with its usual behaviour
-Once it thinks its calibrated the camera points to 1700 hours position as opposed to 1500 position
-Tries to correct itself but returns to 1700 position
-When moving the gimbal channel on the RC the camera moves between 1700 and 2000 hours position - clearly going backwards on itself
-When checking i noticed the motor casings on the gimbal started getting hot, obviously i turned it off and now reluctant to turn it back on in case it burns out

Everything is updated to the latest firmware, also tried doing calibration via the PT2 software. After searching the net i have come to the conclusion that:
1- Its bust
2 - a dealer could maybe service it and ultimately fix it for a cheaper than new price

Looking for some ideas and thoughts from a few other experienced users

Thanks
Steve

If it gets hot enough to burn you then you should be worried. Noises are not uncommon after slight crashes, doesn't automatically mean that it is broken. If it seems to stabilize the camera try the crash damage test - turn 360 degrees slowly while holding the craft horizontally, with the craft powered on and gimbal with gopro installed on the craft. If the sides wobble up and down while turning the craft then it is bad. You can send it to dji and try to get it refurbished or buy a new one. Hope this helped.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik