Zenmuse Gimbal Problems

Reaction score
If you guys are thinking about buying the zenmuse gimbal, think twice. Maybe there is something wrong with the firmware or hardware; either way, it's not a safe gadget to fly.

So I installed it Sunday morning and everything was working great! I was super excited about using it for my wedding shoot that afternoon. Before the wedding, I got some awesome scenery shots, until it went rogue :/. The gimbal just went limp and pointed upwards in the middle of my FPV flight. My brother kept an eye on the quadcopter and helped me guide the Phantom back to safety... *few*. I put it away and focused on the wedding shoot.

Next Day

I opened up the Phantom to see if there was any error in my installation. I watched two tutorial videos online just to make sure I installed the gimbal correctly; I did. I put the Phantom back together and took it out for a test flight. It was great for about four minutes minutes until it went limp, again! Because I was wearing the FPV Fatshark Attitudes, I was a bit disoriented but was familiar with the location. I took off my goggles and safely landed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2FWxNHRH3g

Later that Night

I took off the gimbal and the fpv system because I didn't trust my Phantom. However, I left the gimbal's extra hardware in tact. I flew the machine and I had no control whatsoever! I put it in GPS and Attitude mode and it was not obeying any of my commands :/ I was freaked out and called my wife and brother to keep an eye on the quadcopter. It flew about 100 yards from my location unti I put it in failsafe mode and luckily the quadcopter landed back home. *few*

Ever since I installed the system, I have had a lot problems. It is likely that I received a defective gimbal, but I have read a few other reports of people experiencing similar issues with their gimbal. I will not recommend this product until DJI fixes these major glitches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.