You should Sell your P2V's Now!

dabe1971 said:
Sigh. It would be so nice if I could find a hobby that doesn't always descend into a war when discussed online. :(

PC/Console ? Mac/PC ? Nikon/Canon ? PV2/PV2+ ? Can't we just accept that some will always need the latest thing, some may want the latest thing but not be in a position to have it and some will be happy with what they have ? Nobody is right, and nobody is wrong, we own what we want to own. There's no need for 'willy-waving' on here is there - I just want to read about others experiences, seek advice when needed and just enjoy flying.

Is that really not possible ? :?:

Happy Easter

http://youtu.be/zAWn4FO1MOw

Ah wishful thinking dabe1971 there will always be wars, arguments etc. Its just not something we can get around. To many opinions and people! Just try to enjoy the hobby and stay out of threads that get ugly or controversial :mrgreen:

Oh and Happy Easter!

Mind you, Macs ARE better...... :twisted:

I am not selling the P2V nor am I keeping the P2V.

I had the choice of keeping the $1199 P2V or return the 1 week old P2V for a $1299 P2V+.

I guess I should have kept the P2V because of the gimbals and firmware problem then?

I still have the original Phantom 1 that flies like a true champ. I ordered the P2V from Dji and then 5 days later they announced the P2V +. I have since returned my P2V back to Dji (waiting for Credit card to receive my credit).

Not sure if I will order the P2V + or just keep my Phantom 1 with my GoPro.

I'm keeping my P2V until the fall when the next model comes out! There may be value in keeping the 1.08 software on it without any flight restrictions. If DJI wants to have a 6 month release cycle like it's doing it's gonna have to deal with an inventory problem getting rid of the old units.

I'd love to know what DJI is doing with all the returned P2V's that must be heading their way with all the returns to get theP2V+ not to mention the ones being returned for quality issues.... Since the announcement of the plus

you know that DJI will come out with a kit to upgrade your P2V of course they will...
I agree with other posters... My P2V is not running V3 FW so I am not restricted with a feature I don't want...

I think I know and am responsible enough to know when I am near an airport I don't think I need DJI to govern me

No thanks

I'll wait for the kit with the gimbal and camera.....

THell said:
you know that DJI will come out with a kit to upgrade your P2V of course they will...
I agree with other posters... My P2V is not running V3 FW so I am not restricted with a feature I don't want...

I think I know and am responsible enough to know when I am near an airport I don't think I need DJI to govern me

No thanks

I'll wait for the kit with the gimbal and camera.....

I thought dji said there won't be any upgrade for p2v owners to the plus model?

JimDE said:
Don't get me wrong I am not a Plus hater specifically.... I have no idea how good or bad it may be over time. I am just much wiser with DJI products and business model now that I have experienced it first hand for the past month. I have learned plenty and unfortunately most of it has me extremely cautious about investing further into DJI products or in fact this technology as a whole. As I see it, as a old manufacturing manager, this DJI business model would never of flown in my industry and our customers would one never of been so forgiving to just plain poor quality and rotten firmware/software updates and two there is no way in H___ they would of lined up in hordes to buy newer products to be abused even further. It truly is a unique customer base for sure.......

I do know I will most likely not invest further into this as I still am having a hard time just finding one good P2V I can use as it's design intent proclaims. Very possibly I am 0 for 3 so far....... to be this level of poor quality in a $1200 photographic product is inexcusable! Period! If it was in my company I would be doing some serious house cleaning and the front door and security would be busy helping dud's out and conscientious potential employee's in. Sadly I feel this corporate mentality they seem to have is based at the top which makes it almost impossible to change.

But as I stated I am not specifically a Plus hater in any sense just too cautious to move forward with what I have experienced and my P2V has not lost a dime of value until I decide to sell it which if my possible 4th one is a lemon too won't ever happen either because I will just take store credit and call it a lesson learned.

So much for the "Extremely High Quality camera" As DJI Claims of the P2V. Then when people complain about it their come back is "it's a Hobbyist camera" Well, the two descriptions of the camera don't exactly coincide. If they didn't have a misleading description of the photographic quality of the camera the customer base might not be so picky about it.

I am retired and have so many hobbies that I could spend a bunch of cash if I tried to keep up like the GAS folks . Every vehicle I own (4) with the exception of my M/C is at least 7 years old, the old bike the new one replaced was 10 years old. What I am saying is that I don't feel the need to replace something just because the new model has a new whiz-bang feature. My P2v with gimbal and range extender does everything I need and then some, I may get a new one along about P7+ or so. Ver 2.0 firmware and 1.0.38 app is fine (I like being able to set range limits) so all of you folks selling your P2v's at a huge loss and then shelling out $1300 for a new one to test, you all have fun.

Ben I would be happy just to have iPhone 4 image quality.........

Sadly I see the OOF area's on many of the photo's I see being posted and the users don't seem to mind it. I have been in photography since the early 60's and I can live with most things but OOF is one that just grinds me a bit. The posts a couple weeks ago on adjusting this condition has been tempting to try but with my hands I would surely bugger up something and then not be able to return it. But, I have to say I can up pack, assemble and badge a P2V with the best of them now as well as disassemble and repack them.... thanks DJI for giving me a new skill set!!!!!! :roll:

I shot some RAW files this evening and as a poster in the photo thread said the lens profile they have in adobe really exaggerates the OOF areas on both lower corners horribly. It is worthless if you are going to make a print larger than 3"x4". I won't be using the lens profile you can bet on that due to OOF and big time distortions to object near the corners of the frame. What a bad joke.....

RAW did help and I could crop most of my current OOF area out and still have a 39mp tif to manipulate. I am going to get out and do some shots at area's I take seriously and see if I can live with what I have tomorrow..... if not B&H will get yet another call when they return from passover on the 23rd sadly. I really hate doing this to B&H but a $1200 flying camera should at least produce a focused image with a 30mm equivalent 35mm FOV even at 2.8

Any suggestions if you live close to an airport? I was planning on buying the vision plus but now with the no fly zone I understand that you cant fly within 1.8 miles at all and from 1.8 miles to 5 miles out your altitude is limited as well. I don't think there is really any option other than to comply. I am planning on buying another phantom vision that has the old software installed in order to be able to fly the altitudes with no limitations. If you have an older version of the Phantom be careful not to upgrade to the newer software especially if you live close to an airport.

I'm seeing any number of P2Vs up for sale in the classified forum on this website as well as ebay. I'm not sure I'd buy a used P2V, since it's very easy to type "never been crashed"... There's a "doctor" who supposedly is selling his P2V that was flown only three or four times for $500. If it looks too good to be true... smells too good to be true... guess what? :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
I'm seeing any number of P2Vs up for sale in the classified forum on this website as well as ebay. I'm not sure I'd buy a used P2V, since it's very easy to type "never been crashed"... There's a "doctor" who supposedly is selling his P2V that was flown only three or four times for $500. If it looks too good to be true... smells too good to be true... guess what? :D

-slinger

Well if you ever see mine up for sale with "never been crashed" in the ad, you know it's a lie ;) I see B&H has them going for $899 new, so $500 isn't crazy unheard of I guess, especially when I look at the videos coming out and read up on initial user experiences. Makes me really want to pull the trigger on one but not in the budget right now. Just to be safe, I'm going to prohibit myself from consuming alcohol when near my computer and my credit card for a while!

jimdenburg said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Well if you ever see mine up for sale with "never been crashed" in the ad, you know it's a lie ;) I see B&H has them going for $899 new, so $500 isn't crazy unheard of I guess, especially when I look at the videos coming out and read up on initial user experiences. Makes me really want to pull the trigger on one but not in the budget right now. Just to be safe, I'm going to prohibit myself from consuming alcohol when near my computer and my credit card for a while!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THell said:

No thanks

I am a safe driver. The last accident / ticket I've gotten must have been 20+ years ago. That said, I still would get a car with collision avoidance system (you know the one where car took over control to avoid crash) and air bags.

I don't view this as DJI governing your behavior. It's more of a fail safe to avoid accident. No one is 100% perfect 100% of the time. At some point HUMAN error WILL enter into the equation unless you are saying you don't make mistakes by accident.

In that light, it's no different from the RTH feature. The system automatically corrects itself either because pilot intentionally intrude into the restricted air space OR the pilot accidentally intrude into restricted air space.

And you have the option of turning it OFF.

Attachments

• NO-Fly.jpg
    NO-Fly.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 292
Yawn, I did not mind the restricted flight (though I wish instead of immediately landing the P2V if it entered a airport safe zone that it would stop and return to home) as in the case of a fly away I can really see and appreciate it. What I hated about Ver 3 was the instability when it hovered. I did all the readjustments and calibrations and it never would fly as stable as it did with ver 1.08.

Unfortunately not all of us who fly these things are responsible conscientious people... just look at some of the lets see how high vids on utube. Or posts about arming quads..... So because of this for public safety and to protect all of us from the unthinking actions of a few regulating its capabilities and ability to fly in restricted air space in the end is good for all of us and this activity.... let one take down a passenger airliner by being sucked into a jet engine and a SH-- storm would befall all of us and this activity would surely cease.

I need stable hovering for my still photography... ver 3 did not deliver that.

JimDE said:
I need stable hovering for my still photography... ver 3 did not deliver that.

That is a very valid concern. In the end, it all comes down to intent. If someone intent to fly in no-fly zone then you got to wonder why (that is, the no-fly zone is the reason they wouldn't upgrade).

The stability issue needs to be address. Hope the next version of firmware will address that.

I've returned my P2V for P2V+, I am hoping there were some QC so that the unit hovers stable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers