You must be logged in to get firmware updates

Reaction score
Maybe everyone already knows and I’m the last to find out but I thought I’d share. Had to use an older, backup drone and iPad today. Hopped right into Go 4 and fired up drone. It did the firmware update check without finding anything.

Then I remembered there was an update for the P4 Pro V2 firmware; I looked and see I’m using a prior version. I tried to check again and still nothing. So I flew on.

Later I wanted to upload the flight records and that’s when Go asked me to log into DJIs server. Ahha moment. I reconnected the drone and suddenly, new firmware version found!

Side note: In days of old (last year) I would have to connect the USB cable to the drone from the iPad to perform a firmware update. This time it performed the update without a cable to the drone (just plugged in per usual to the RC). At the very end of the update, it asked me to unplug and reinsert the data cable. So I unplugged the iPad from the controller and plugged it back in and ... tada! All is well. This is a nice change. Don’t know when that happened.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Maybe everyone already knows and I’m the last to find out but I thought I’d share. Had to use an older, backup drone and iPad today. Hopped right into Go 4 and fired up drone. It did the firmware update check without finding anything.

Then I remembered there was an update for the P4 Pro V2 firmware; I looked and see I’m using a prior version. I tried to check again and still nothing. So I flew on.

Later I wanted to upload the flight records and that’s when Go asked me to log into DJIs server. Ahha moment. I reconnected the drone and suddenly, new firmware version found!

Side note: In days of old (last year) I would have to connect the USB cable to the drone from the iPad to perform a firmware update. This time it performed the update without a cable to the drone (just plugged in per usual to the RC). At the very end of the update, it asked me to unplug and reinsert the data cable. So I unplugged the iPad from the controller and plugged it back in and ... tada! All is well. This is a nice change. Don’t know when that happened.

I updated my P4P v2 firmware a few months ago. Does anyone know if there's been a newer recent update?

Sometimes updating firmware without know its contents can be a major disappointment, what did the update contain that you wanted, if you don't mind me asking......,.

Sometimes updating firmware without know its contents can be a major disappointment, what did the update contain that you wanted, if you don't mind me asking......,.
The last update for the V2(long awaited)turned out to be beneficial in my opinion. That may be a bit of a debate to some, but for the ones I have, I saw improvement.

The last update for the V2(long awaited)turned out to be beneficial in my opinion. That may be a bit of a debate to some, but for the ones I have, I saw improvement.

Ok that’s good , but I’m curious as to what the OP has to say about it

Hey Drestin,

Curious if you are using the latest IOS on the iPad?
I'm still on IOS 11.xx with my 2018 iPad 9.7" because I've been really reluctant to upgrade the IOS in case it makes things wonky. Nor have I don any P4Pv2 updates since late 2018 either.
My philosophy has been "if it aint broke, don't fix it..."

What IOS are you using now and have you had any issues flying?
I actually haven't flown at all since late November .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31