Yikes...drone crashes over people.

Seemed to be carrying a load of some kind, there is a large box attached to its undercarriage. I wonder if someone attached something to it that put it over weight or out of balance.

Seemed to be carrying a load of some kind, there is a large box attached to its undercarriage. I wonder if someone attached something to it that put it over weight or out of balance.

It was distributing sweets (candy). It seemed stable enough, until it wasn't.

Injuring (6)? I wonder what the extent of injuries are?

That's not good for our industry at all. Even worse because it was a HEX which should/could have allowed for more redundancy and safety. Something went wildly wrong there.

This goes to show.. the ONLY Way to not crash is to NOT FLY!!

Candy-carrying drone crashes into crowd, injuring six in Gifu | The Japan Times
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...crashes-crowd-injuring-six-gifu/#.WgCHynZpGpo
"The police are questioning the 37-year-old drone pilot, who represents a drone maker in the prefecture. The man said he received a permit from the transport ministry to operate a drone at the event, the organizers said."

Wonder what drone it was he crashed and which maker he represented? Hopefully not another DJI "It just fell out of the sky" model.

Wonder what drone it was he crashed and which maker he represented? Hopefully not another DJI "It just fell out of the sky" model.
Looks more to a Yuneec Typhoon H but I could be wrong.

Another reason not to fly over or in close proximity to people. Following the Safety Guidelines will avoid injury. Never fly over stadiums, sporting events or groups of people!

The load shifted as it emptied the candy taking it out of balance!
No I don't agree with that at all. It was something more than that. If you'll watch the video you'll see something caused the aircraft to yaw around and then pitch over while yawing... not something you'd see from a weight-n-balance issue. Also most MR's can handle a fairly large amount of "Out-Of-Balance" before the pendulum effect starts to rock out of control.

Reactions: bkushner
No I don't agree with that at all. It was something more than that. If you'll watch the video you'll see something caused the aircraft to yaw around and then pitch over while yawing... not something you'd see from a weight-n-balance issue. Also most MR's can handle a fairly large amount of "Out-Of-Balance" before the pendulum effect starts to rock out of control.
Yep it was stable then went into a sudden spin before coming down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers