Yes, they are here to stay: Racing Drones.

Reaction score
Seems kind of futuristic. Racing Drones are here to stay. This is apparent as DJI opened it's first drone racing playground in South Korea. 1,395 square meters of drone racing fun, one could consider this to be a state of the art facility. The best part of this facility is that you do not need to own a racing drone, you can borrow a drone to participate in and have a safe and fun way to participate in these types of events. This is good to note as when you review this article, you will can visualize on how the drone playground is set up and how this could easily be a fun way to spend time with the family:DJI's South Korean Drone Playground Is Spectacular

Why FPV racing drones matter is another story. The mere experience of flying a drone at a high rate of speed where FPV type goggles are used has added much appeal to Drone Racing. The goggles can give you the point of view from the camera which in turn can make one feel like they are flying. Personally, for me, that could be disorientating as I would like to see around while I am flying. However, if you have been doing this for a while, I am sure you have the feel for this and being able to fly through the FPV system will add much to your experience. Why FPV racing drones are important is a matter of speculation. However, it is good to read up on this new sport at this link: Why FPV Racing drones are so popular these days? - WeTalkUAV

It will be interesting to see if DJI will build a racing drone. As they have had great experience with their Phantom Series, no doubt a racing drone from DJI would be amazing. Stay tuned to see how all of this comes together.

Reactions: JWH and dirkclod
Yes they are here to stay and we have a forum on them http://www.droneracingpilots.com/ ESPN has been carrying the DRL races in Miami this past week .
They are a blast to watch .You should go to that forum and look in videos of how some members fly and also get more info on them :)

Reactions: JWH
Racing drones are fun to fly. Your reflexes should be good and also you should know the lag between actual position and as seen on goggles.

It will stay as it's a great fun.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31