Yaw motor replacement.

Great Video but the voice is hard to hear because the room is bare.....Thank you Ted

Hey Ted i cannot get the motor of the old yaw arm because of the small crappy screws dji used (2 stripped) looks like I might
to purchase a new yaw motor (the ribbon looked a bit sus anyway).

Hey Ted i cannot get the motor of the old yaw arm because of the small crappy screws dji used (2 stripped) looks like I might
to purchase a new yaw motor (the ribbon looked a bit sus anyway).
+
You have to grind off the heads and replace the yaw arm. get a new yaw motor but use the housing off the old one. The screws you ground off don't matter as you will be throwing that part away. You will have to find at least one screw as you need at least 2 to hold the new motor on the yaw arm. Send me a photo of what you have now and I will advise you. I will send you the screws if you can't find them. here is my email: [email protected]
I would be glad to walk you through this.

IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0043.JPG IMG_0044.JPG What a pain got 1 screw out but the other 2 screws stripped so ted you say grind them out...hmmm that's going to fun.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
It does not mater if it is a new style or old style, the windings and sensors are the same. But yes you need a good yaw motor to get the windings from. Be careful. some new motors are really from crashed drones. You have to check the sensors when you get the motor. So you need a yaw arm, yaw motor and maybe a ribbon cable. Look at this photo to see what a damaged sensor looks like. the scratch is from the motor housing. It jams up against the sensor
aaa.jpg

I had no problem hearing or understanding you. Perfectly clear on my device. I thought it a great video & could be very helpful to someone needing this. Please don’t stop making videos as yours was very well made.i hope you continue making videos as I may need one someday. [emoji111]️[emoji256][emoji573]

I had no problem hearing or understanding you. Perfectly clear on my device. I thought it a great video & could be very helpful to someone needing this. Please don’t stop making videos as yours was very well made.i hope you continue making videos as I may need one someday. [emoji111]️[emoji256][emoji573]
Don't worry I will. However I am 73 so how much longer can I stay up to date with all the changes DJI might send down the pike? Or I might just die today. If that happens I am going to slow way down.

Ted....Im older then You and i agree with what you said too 100% Thanks again for the video and your reply's to help that one guy...i used ear phones awhile ago and it was much better audio for me.

Ted I removed the motor housing this morning and saw this, what do think?View attachment 94467
That is not good. You can put the new windings in that housing but I suspect it will not function correctly. I would give it a go and hope for the best. If it doesn't work, you can sell the camera on eBay, then buy a replacement. You will get about $100 for it. Your only other option is to send it to me and I can see if one of my yaw motor casings will center it. I have about 20 good casings. The odds are somewhat low.
I see you have a P4 standard, right? I have a good used camera for that. I will PM u

Thanks Ted for the info...your a life saver.... Here are the pictures of my yaw motor with bad sensors.

Attachments

• IMG_3611.jpg
    IMG_3611.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_3612.jpg
    IMG_3612.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
I see so much of these crash problems with broken gimbals... Im going to design a cage to protect the camera and gimbal. When Im done I will follow up with pictures

Reactions: Droneted
Thanks Ted for the info...your a life saver.... Here are the pictures of my yaw motor with bad sensors.
you are welcome. Glad it was of help. By the way, the sensors are the same on the pitch and roll motors however you can swap them out directly without any issues. It is just the Yaw that has to be treated this way

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel