Wrong altitude on app

Reaction score
hello all!, the other day I set my waypoints and left the altitude at the default setting of 95 ft., well I set 4 waypoints tapped go, well my Phantom2 Vision + was not at 95ft or even close, it was more like 45/50 ft. guess my question is there a way to calibrate my app or phantom? That could be dangerous if I set a waypoint and there were obstacles in the way. I all so flew her manually and she was about 3ft off the ground and the app showed 25 ft. REALLY??? I know there was a topic at some point here but I cannot find it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

That's a great question. Mine was off by 70-80ft and that had a bunch to do with my crash in the lake. Read the thread about drone in lake. Is it worth saving.
Hope you get an answer in this.

I believe I read somewhere that if you get the Phantom powered up and all pre-flight stuff done (Compass calibration, and the like, GPS, etc) that you can power off, the power back on and it should zero out altitude. I'm pretty sure this was posted in a thread here, but I can't remember which thread.

@Gonefishing51077 I too was flying over a small lake, but it is frozen. I did not crash my phantom at all nor have I ever, But I could have if I set the waypoints beyond the boundaries of the lake. I think next time I fly I will try what LostAngel mentioned "get the Phantom powered up and all pre-flight stuff done (Compass calibration, and the like, GPS, etc.) that you can power off, then power back on and it should zero out altitude", again thanks for the input guys.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj