WOW. Up and running. Thank you for the help!!!

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who helped me go from 'out of the box' to ...up in the air.

Gotta admit, I haven't be scared about anything in many many years, but, i was pretty nervous on my first 2 flights; worrying I was gonna bounce off a tree or slam into the ground. Thankfully, neither happened. Nervewracking too was just going up and up and up. I stopped around 75'. Its cold out today and want to feel more comfortable/confident buzzing around at 15'-20' before I become the Red Baron.

Anyhow, thank you to everyone, Msinger especially, for getting me up and running. I'm very impressed with this drone. LOVE IT!

Jay

Reactions: msinger
Can you share what the fix was to get her in the air?
I;m just reading so many - Won't activate threads in last few days, thinking any insight into your issues & the fix may be helpful to others on those first start ups.

Can you share what the fix was to get her in the air?
I;m just reading so many - Won't activate threads in last few days, thinking any insight into your issues & the fix may be helpful to others on those first start ups.

The primary one was getting the correct firmware in both the drone and remote. I had made, what I thought was, progress by getting the Go app on my phone and linking the remote to the drone. Then the phone app said, 'upgrade your firmware' so I did. That began to get things out of sync. Then Msinger and others got me to SLOW DOWN, downgrade the firmware, and sortof get the two (remote and drone) up & running again.

I believe many of us will have different experiences getting up and running. Some have said the pretty much took it out of the box and we're off an running. Me, not so much.

Please keep in mind I'm a TOTAL novice to drones - don't read too much into what I say. Good luck.

Scared on send flight? Heck, I've been flying Phantoms for a few years and I still have a little scared in me each time. Probably not a bad thing. Crazy thing is when I'm at 5' and fly over the side of a cliff to something like 1000'. Scares the crap out of me. But when you think about it, nothing has really changed. Flying over water also gets me as well. But really, falling 200' to the ground or water is not going to make much difference. Take it slow and relax.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers