WOW $1259!!!

Reaction score
The new P3 most expensive model with 4k is $1259.

Lower 1080p version $995.

Both with LightBridge.

Wow!

I'm excited big time

Last edited:
I have a new P2 version 3 scheduled for delivery on Friday. I just sent them an email about sending it back !

looks like they did away with the wifi ....do we still need Flytrex? ....looks like the sonar is mounted where I would mount the Flytrex .......m

I have a new P2 version 3 scheduled for delivery on Friday. I just sent them an email about sending it back !
Don't do it, I am sure it will not have near the range, you currently have

So there was like 5 flight demos of which 2 went pretty much flawless. I'm so excited about everything I hate to post something negative. But I will say that with all the money they poured into this live release announcement they could have had things dialed in. I guarantee those responsible would at a minimum be getting some days off if it were my company.

I have a feeling the video pixelating and usual video freeze will be the most common threads seen in the P3 forum.

They said you can stream live 720p video to youtube from 1 mile away. That will be incredible without a doubt.

Said flying time was around 23mins.

Same on board sensor system as the inspire1 allowing you to fly indoors.

No mention when or where to pre-order yet.

Don't do it, I am sure it will not have near the range, you currently have
Why do you say that? Did I miss something?

Why do you say that? Did I miss something?

they talk about light bridge, not such a big deal, they did not talk about control frequency range, added proximity sensors to burden battery, added light bridge to burden battery, 4k processing to burden battery, more powerful motors to burden this existing platform battery, this is the same form fit an function as Phantom 2 with many additional burdens and NO talk of some very high end battery to power this ****.

OK thanks. Well for me range is everything. I would like better camera over what I have. Otherwise P2 is fine.

The first 30 seconds of my flights are visual and the rest is beyond that. Or 95% of the time anyway.

Reactions: dirkclod
They really didn't go over the P3 in detail at all. There was a few close up shot but I can't remember even what the gimbal looked liked because I stared at the camera the entire time. The cheaper version looks absolutely no different then the Pro version. They did use the name Pro when mentioning it.

The controller is badass....I mean Badass! I'm still so jacked up about the cost of these units. I told my wife there is something they're not telling here. Btw, they did not say this, but it looks like the same batteries as what we have now.

they talk about light bridge, not such a big deal, they did not talk about control frequency range, added proximity sensors to burden battery, added light bridge to burden battery, 4k processing to burden battery, more powerful motors to burden this existing platform battery, this is the same form fit an function as Phantom 2 with many additional burdens and NO talk of some very high end battery to power this ****.

They did say it had 23min flight time. And with all the media that was there you can bet those words will be written by each one as it goes in whoever they were there representing.

They did say it had 23min flight time. And with all the media that was there you can bet those words will be written by each one as it goes in whoever they were there representing.

23 = 12 with a safe landing

It is the extreme range that scare people/"them", you can bet that will be limited in the future and this P3 is the first step.

It is the extreme range that scare people/"them", you can bet that will be limited in the future and this P3 is the first step.

fNf,

He said UP TO 23 min.

Let me guess....you have no intentions on upgrading to a P3 which might explain why you have been posting in the manner you have?

I'm say that to be in a bad way, but it would better explain it for me. I actually did the same thing when the inspire1 came out mostly because it just didn't make sense to me to spend all the extra coin for it. I then had to keep myself from changing my mind and regretting it later. I would say....I can nearly buy 3 vPlus at the price of 1 inspire1.

Now the P3 looks to me like a vPlus V3 with a bunch of differences under the cover. Btw, I think they're updating the dji website now. They have it redirecting to skypixel.com

No mention when or where to pre-order yet.

"Orders will be shipped based on the order in which they were paid, starting in late April."

The range is based on many factors including the transmit power. This power is fixed by local governing bodies. The other option would be amplification on the Rx side (more batt. burden) or directional antennas (more difficult to use).

LiPo currently are the best choice when considering power to weight, safety, form factor flexibility, and economics.

Also their site now says version 3 not available out of stock !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20