Would tying a tracker to the phantom leg cause compass problems or anything

Reaction score
So I decided to get myself a tracker and haven't flown my P3A that I got delivered today. And as I'm waiting for the tracker holder to be delivered I thought I would improvise. So I put the tracker in the protective waterproof sleeve and tied it around the leg with Velcro. Didn't fly, didn't even turn the drone on.

Now the tracker does have a magnet and then I thought what if the magnet causes damage? Would it do anything to the antenna in the leg for instance ? It was tied at the bottom of the leg (the part where the antenna is covered by plastic)

I know I'm over the top but this is my 5th phantom in 3 months due to long stories and lots of exchanges lol. That won't cause any problems will it? And no.... I won't exchange it for the 6th time in case your wondering lol

Cheers guys in advanced

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine (PocketFinder) goes up with one on it every time. ;)

You say yours has a magnet? For what? If it is to secure it remove it as that magnet will cause havoc. What tracker do you have?

Agree. NO magnet anywhere near the phantom. Yikes!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Even the magnet on the cover of my iPad case messes it up. I remove the cover when I fly.
I also remove metal items like keys, watch, coin's, cell phone, etc from my pockets when I do the compass shuffle. :D

Reactions: Neon Euc
If you got that TK it should have 2 backs . 1 without magnets .
Now I will move it from spot to spot on occasions and when I do I have to do the dance . Learned the hard way

Reactions: Neon Euc
If you got that TK it should have 2 backs . 1 without magnets .
Now I will move it from spot to spot on occasions and when I do I have to do the dance . Learned the hard way
I just noticed lol your right it does have two backs. I got rid of the magnet back. Lol. When you said you had to do the dance is that something you still do after you removed the magnet or was it just when you had the magnet on the tracker? I hope I didn't cause any damage... I haven't even flown this drone yet lol

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I never used that magnet back . Threw it in trash as soon as I got mine .Just like captain said just do the dance and you be fine .
I did experiment placing it in different locations on mine and will do the cal every time I move it .Even without the magnet .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers