Worth it to Mod or just buy something else?

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2 vision that I have been learning to fly on. I've gotten quite comfortable with the aeronautics and how to control it. I discovered soon after I bought this used drone that the egg camera was never going to work again. So I've been flying by sight line this whole time. Is it worth it to rig up something that will give me first person perspective with Litchi (or something else) or do you guys think it would be better to just buy something new with a camera that is already working?
I like this drone, I've replaced all four motors after a crash and am pretty comfortable opening it up and tinkering.

I have a phantom 2 vision that I have been learning to fly on. I've gotten quite comfortable with the aeronautics and how to control it. I discovered soon after I bought this used drone that the egg camera was never going to work again. So I've been flying by sight line this whole time. Is it worth it to rig up something that will give me first person perspective with Litchi (or something else) or do you guys think it would be better to just buy something new with a camera that is already working?
I like this drone, I've replaced all four motors after a crash and am pretty comfortable opening it up and tinkering.
Personally I would recommend moving on to something newer. With prices coming down and technology getting better, you'll get a better value for your dollars. That is even more true if you are looking on the used market. A P3P would be quite a nice upgrade at a reasonable price. Even a MM or Spark would be an upgrade from a P2.

If you want a good step up, the Phantom3Pro or Phantom3Advanced would give you a good 2 to 3mi range, and the Pro has a good camera. You can find those used for $500 or less. I loved my P3P, it was very reliable, I flew it all over the country. P4's are also a good step up, but usually more money in the used market. These Lightbridge models are really how DJI gained their market share, having much better range for video and control than any other brand. Even to this day, nobody has anything like it, and here it is almost 5yrs later and all other drone companies in this pro-sumer category are still using WiFi for video communications. DJI has since come out with several upgrades to the original 2015 Lightbridge, and if money is no option the M2Z or M2P today has over a 5 mile range. This kind of capability ensures a solid video signal with VLOS flying, having better penetration through trees at close range when needed. I don't recommend MavicMini, MavicAir, or Spark, they all use Wifi. Get something with Lightbridge or Ocu-Sync, that's important, IMO.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
La versión de cumplimiento CE o FCC puede reconfigurarse girando la perilla del potenciómetro (trasera del mando) en la parte posterior del control remoto con un destornillador de punta plana. Para cumplir con la normativa CE, configure el control remoto en conformidad con la norma CE girando cuidadosamente la perilla del potenciómetro a la posición completa en sentido contrario a las agujas del reloj. Para cumplir con la FCC, configure el control remoto para cumplir con la FCC girando cuidadosamente la perilla del potenciómetro a la posición completa en sentido horario. Los usuarios deben seguir sus regulaciones locales en consecuencia.

If your looking to sep up go to a mavic zoom or pro 2 and the portability is awesome plus flying Is like difference between day and night

If your looking to sep up go to a mavic zoom or pro 2 and the portability is awesome plus flying Is like difference between day and night
Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade after all. Probably have to start from square one. Mavic mini? I haven't logged many hours on the phantom and without fpv, it's been like flying an old school model plane.

Flying a mavic zoom or pro 2 is like driving a brand new Cadillac total different drone I own the zoom my wife mavic pro 2 it's just a different beast lol I owned 4 phantoms sold them and building a f450 flamewheel know but the mavic o ya lol....

Also depends how much you love your quadcopter if you want to fly it more and have FPV buy a camera setup. But if u want a new drone and not the hassle of setting things up buy new. But I have a phantom 3 standard and a dji F550 and i fly the F550 quite a bit more lol i like the old machines

Also depends how much you love your quadcopter if you want to fly it more and have FPV buy a camera setup. But if u want a new drone and not the hassle of setting things up buy new. But I have a phantom 3 standard and a dji F550 and i fly the F550 quite a bit more lol i like the old machines
Drone Freedom27, what batteries are you using at the moment for your f550? I have not used mine for years and I am looking at getting some new batteries for longest possible flight length. I have also just discovered that Naza-M assist app is no longer there..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31